Box edged corners:

George Kidd

This is a very simple way to do your corners rather than beads or nailing laths on the corners, box straight edges with wire clamps and simply throw ur cement render on and then return corners the same way..
image.jpeg

Hi lads, diffo not showing off TBH?
Just sharing things that I have picked up from both sides off the world
Danny mate, it can be hard working in Summer over here mate in 40's here in WA
But u have to get used to it or u will be beat by it, as Plasterers arrive here thinking it's easy? But soon come to realise that it's really not mate. U would be amazed how plasterers come here and don't actually plaster as they can't get the hang of the different ways and materials..

I picked something up in oz when i was over there 22 years ago. still get a green discharge and a stinging sensation when i piss.:sick:

Are they not prone to cracks where the edges meet though?

Surpringly not, they do it while the muck is still quite green. Not sure if it's still the case but in Ireland yrs ago they wouldn't use beads, using floor boards returned to form external edges. Maybe it's because the sand is courser ?

the method that we used was first coat the stack freehand then 2nd coat with one of us holding a rule on the angle as soon as the material was applied against the rule, you would pull the back edge away and lift the rule up leaving a straight edge working your way around the stack.

the method that we used was first coat the stack freehand then 2nd coat with one of us holding a rule on the angle as soon as the material was applied against the rule, you would pull the back edge away and lift the rule up leaving a straight edge working your way around the stack.
I still do that and small jobs. The finish looks a lot better than beads.

when we were on piece work, floating and set with rules we would only fit rules once. either float freehand and use rules for skim, or rules for floating , freehand the set. this was of course with sirapite plaster which was more versatile then multi.

Hi lads, diffo not showing off TBH?
Just sharing things that I have picked up from both sides off the world
Danny mate, it can be hard working in Summer over here mate in 40's here in WA
But u have to get used to it or u will be beat by it, as Plasterers arrive here thinking it's easy? But soon come to realise that it's really not mate. U would be amazed how plasterers come here and don't actually plaster as they can't get the hang of the different ways and materials..
I stayed in Darwin for a couple of months and it was hot but you soon got use to it I suppose... got offered rendering work but I was like nope... went fishing instead

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It's just the way a few Plasterers out here would do the corners, personally I would rather do the way I have for years, hold an edge as u go and leave nice sharp corners, out here in Perth there is a lot of Bullnose corners inside and out as Plastering is really far behind in methods and Materials etc..