Bought and fitted the wrong plasterboard ☹️

Sicskate

Hey, first post here,
I've Just realized that I've fitted moisture board instead of sound board...

Will this be ok to skim over and will it still reduce sound??

Many thanks,
Ben.

Hey, first post here,
I've Just realized that I've fitted moisture board instead of sound board...

Will this be ok to skim over and will it still reduce sound??

Many thanks,
Ben.
The reason for using the sound board in the first instance was to reduce the noise it's the right board for the job in question and the reason you was going to use it in the first place! Don't have a that'll do attitude about something I say take off and start again! We all make mistakes (y)

Hey guys, thanks for all of your comments

I've battened the walls and insulated them with celotex, so the board's were only screwed on...

We quickly decided to pull them down and go get the correct ones.

The pain now is getting red of 3 green boards as the local tip charge the earth now ☹️

I've battened the walls and insulated them with celotex, so the board's were only screwed on...

The pain now is getting red of 3 green boards as the local tip charge the earth now ☹
Your original boards do have a very slight acoustic value , I’d of left them on , sound block boards have a slightly more but the celotex has none , the important part of the system ( the insulation) is main concern as it would be 60% ish of the acoustic value

The pain now is getting red of 3 green boards as the local tip charge the earth now ☹

3 boards on a stud wall alone won't achieve f**k all to worry about either way.

You need the full room doing like a cube, air tight etc.

3 boards on a stud wall alone won't achieve f**k all to worry about either way.

You need the full room doing like a cube, air tight etc.
People think the stuffs going to be some miracle cure for noise for £10 a sheet

People think the stuffs going to be some miracle cure for noise for £10 a sheet
i fitted some a while back, fixed straight to wall with small hammer fixings and joints taped,can't remember what it was called but more like £30.00 Sheet it had a 10mm thick rubber layer built in.

i fitted some a while back, fixed straight to wall with small hammer fixings and joints taped,can't remember what it was called but more like £30.00 Sheet it had a 10mm thick rubber layer built in.

Yep used them weigh a ton had to cut with jigsaw!

Still did f**k all!