Bostik primer vs Blue grit coverage

cybervic

I rarely had any problem with blue grit apart from it takes time to apply correctly. I was looking for a cheaper alternative as customer are getting budget sensitive and found Bostik/Cementone Primer seem to be getting consistent praise about coverage here. However, their technical data sheet says the coverage is 3-4m2/litre whereas blue grit technical data sheet says coverage is 4.5m2/litre which is more than bostik? Bostik is also more expansive too? am I missing something here?

I rarely had any problem with blue grit apart from it takes time to apply correctly. I was looking for a cheaper alternative as customer are getting budget sensitive and found Bostik/Cementone Primer seem to be getting consistent praise about coverage here. However, their technical data sheet says the coverage is 3-4m2/litre whereas blue grit technical data sheet says coverage is 4.5m2/litre which is more than bostik? Bostik is also more expansive too? am I missing something here?
Yes,if customers are getting budget sensitive over a trivial amount of money then the’re not the customers you want.

I can't believe lads tell there customers what there paying for materials!? I add up all material cost then add on atleast 50% and if its a really little job and I'm spending say £30 on materials il put £100 down.im astounded how some lads run a buisness its a eye opener being on here

I can't believe lads tell there customers what there paying for materials!? I add up all material cost then add on atleast 50% and if its a really little job and I'm spending say £30 on materials il put £100 down.im astounded how some lads run a buisness its a eye opener being on here
Only thing customer needs to know is what time you’re turning up n how much it’s gonna cost! Anything else they’ve overstepped the mark :ROFLMAO:

Complete joke ain’t it!

Use neat pva...

Attachments

• IMG_20200529_082557485.jpg
    IMG_20200529_082557485.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 366
I did a job once , the client was to supply but didn’t so I did , the moaning and comments after “ I can get waterproof in screwfix for £5 “
I never let customers buy materials otherwise you will end up working for beer money and materials get a good mark up.

What walls are you blue gritting? I only use that if it’s a really dry wall or concrete. What’s wrong with a Couple coats of nice think mix of pva??

Unbelievable next thing they will be asking you to knock 10% off your £300 per day rate...I would walk...in fact run.

I usually give a quote listing materials (but not itemised) and labour separately and tell customers they can change materials but my rate is not negotiable. I am in decorating and most customers like to see what we put in.

What walls are you blue gritting? I only use that if it’s a really dry wall or concrete. What’s wrong with a Couple coats of nice think mix of pva??
Walls that wallpapers were removed by customer but has many blown plaster area and old paint underneath. Looks like they've damaged the plaster using steamer on wall for too long, and also adhesive residue on it. The couple both work in social care and didn't budget for skim when I was called in. I probably need 8-10 tub of blue grit for the whole place so I was looking for a cheaper alternative but it has to be good enough that I can guarantee my work too.

I usually give a quote listing materials (but not itemised) and labour separately and tell customers they can change materials but my rate is not negotiable. I am in decorating and most customers like to see what we put in.

Walls that wallpapers were removed by customer but has many blown plaster area and old paint underneath. Looks like they've damaged the plaster using steamer on wall for too long, and also adhesive residue on it. The couple both work in social care and didn't budget for skim when I was called in. I probably need 8-10 tub of blue grit for the whole place so I was looking for a cheaper alternative but it has to be good enough that I can guarantee my work too.
But pva would also work,done it countless times

Just tell them the total cost including the blue grit and if they say they can't afford it just walk simple. Theres always work around the corner let some other mug take on the job.

I'm guessing the guy hasn't been doing it long.just a guess..theres no need to blue grit for that purpose suction can be controlled with pva on what he said #overkill

I'm guessing the guy hasn't been doing it long.just a guess..theres no need to blue grit for that purpose suction can be controlled with pva on what he said #overkill
Yep... My method is to seal with a 3-1 sbr then a sticky pva..... Works a treat...