Bostick plastering stabilising primer ( grit)

Members online

Kasper

Is it the green stuff ? I just bought tub of it, was gonna use on silky artex walls but now I don't know if I should

superspread

Hard to tell ,Done the job last October but room full
Of furniture until they cleared it shortly after Xmas , I’m only gonna use BG bond it from
Now on

Retired Spread

I only ever used the Bostik green stabilizing primer on flat old walls with little or no paint
On silky/gloss painted surfaces I used the grey renderers primer
that's actually in their specs ( for the benefit of the chancing site slag @Spudknit )

Donzo

DONT USE !!!! Had a major fail with this rubbish and bostick technical guys don’t want to know, cu nts!
I had 2 fails within 12 months with that stuff binned. Gave it the benefit.
The stuff was still stuck to the wall and ceiling
One was a ceiling i done 14 months ago.

Used it for 10 years never had a issue.

superspread

I had 2 fails within 12 months with that stuff binned. Gave it the benefit.
The stuff was still stuck to the wall and ceiling
One was a ceiling i done 14 months ago.

Used it for 10 years never had a issue.
I’ve used it for years too ,
But no more

Donzo

Now we are all bricking it waiting for ticking time bomb fails
@Retired Spread you might be going back to work for 10 more years
We aint the first a few years back it was reported on this forum,failures had occured months after they had done them,also grit had bonded to surface.
Green bostik.

Stewie03

I’ve only used blue grit cause I’m a cheap b*****d good stuff when I got second dose of covid i couldn’t finish an artexed hallway, and all ready gritted it so I went over it 2 weeks later and it’s still on if it comes off it doesn’t count though not my fault I had covid already got a new sim plan ready to go

brimplas1

DONT USE !!!! Had a major fail with this rubbish and bostick technical guys don’t want to know, cu nts!
I've had 2 with it... It was shocking how easy i removed the whole ceiling...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210610_164600_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    Screenshot_20210610_164600_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 202

ChrispyUK

Are you feeling a little bit worried at this point matey?

Guaranteed till I pull off the drive Andy.

I have noticed a few issues with it myself, and I think that you’ve got to be careful what it’s going over as you can still end up with high suction areas and Ivhave noticed you can get bits lifting occasionally, a bit like blebs over bonding. It does say about using SBR in certain circumstances but never tried it.

John j

Mono Don
Has anyone ever skimmed over this. A customer got some for some gloss paint we dotted on to.
It's right gear just wondered if you could skim on it. Did a sample could I f**k pull board off

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220217-122413_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220217-122413_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 72

Squarehead

I stopped using grit on silky surfaces as used to be able to peel it off and it didn't fill me with confidence. I now only use pva and SBR . I like pva as it re-emulsifies with the wet plaster and then re-sticks itself to the substrate.

brimplas1

I stopped using grit on silky surfaces as used to be able to peel it off and it didn't fill me with confidence. I now only use pva and SBR . I like pva as it re-emulsifies with the wet plaster and then re-sticks itself to the substrate.
I agree fella, but on occasion I've had an issue with skim sliding on the paint...

Nash plastering

Has anyone ever skimmed over this. A customer got some for some gloss paint we dotted on to.
It's right gear just wondered if you could skim on it. Did a sample could I f**k pull board off
Sorry John j, I didn’t see the pic attached thought you was on about the green grit. No haven’t used that product.

Steve Brown

I’ve only used the green one once on an artex ceiling and it pulled in to quick.
Have used BG’s a lot when I’m not paying for it and that’s the best one in my opinion, used it on all sorts of backgrounds and it makes mixed backgrounds pull in uniformly ( like plastering on board).
I’m a PVA 80% of the time but do use blue grit when I’m buying and it does the job, just would benefit if they used a finer grit.
If I haven’t got any grit and going over sound silk paint I always put a couple of handfuls of multi in a mix it up, once dry whe you plaster over it it pulls in lovely! ( but you need to keep on mixing it up or the finish settles to the bottom of the tub.

Monkey Boy

Mechanical key with grit rather than chemical keying so on a ceiling it drops especially with the thicker coating to get over artex

Gilbert75

Yeah, my tiler mate uses it, when i went to do some plastering at his house he primed the painted walls with it.. i said that ok, he ssid yeah,,,,? Dries in 30 mins too.