Bosch Multi Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

twitcher

Private Member
Ok so it's not strictly a plastering tool as such, but I thought I'd mention it here. Been using one for a few days offa mate and it's really useful.

The cutting blades, metal and wood, oscillate and you can fix them at virtually any angle so you can get into tight spots with ease. I used it to cut off some wooden beads on a chimney. They came off in seconds without disturbing any of the cornicing. Normally i'm sawing away with a coarse saw making a pigs ear of it. You can do the obvious stuff like cutting under door casings for laminate flooring. It's also good for scribing coving and skirting. there's loadsa uses for it including cutting awkward bits on plasterboard. It follows curves dead easy.

You can get one for £65 on amazon but i've read that the cutting bits are a bit expensive to source and don't last long. There's a cordless one too.

Bosch PMF 180 E Multifunctional Allrounder: Cuts, Saws, Sands: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

a jacksaw is around 6 quid...
coping saw blades couple of quid for a pack of 10
hacksaw blades are a quid each or thereabouts...
anything you stick in plasterboard is gonna be good for f'ck all else....
call me a sceptic but im not a big fan of tools designed to be all things to all men, they'll prolly do it... for about 5 minutes...
apart from me good ol stanley....
makes a great pencil sharpener, tin opener, scribes out me locks and hinges, can even take the blade out and scrape the pva splats off the windows.. :RpS_biggrin:

I got one of these was about £60, and its fantastic.

I dont use it everyday of course but its one of them tools that when you do use it, its perfect.

a jacksaw is around 6 quid...
coping saw blades couple of quid for a pack of 10
hacksaw blades are a quid each or thereabouts...
anything you stick in plasterboard is gonna be good for f'ck all else....
call me a sceptic but im not a big fan of tools designed to be all things to all men, they'll prolly do it... for about 5 minutes...
apart from me good ol stanley....
makes a great pencil sharpener, tin opener, scribes out me locks and hinges, can even take the blade out and scrape the pva splats off the windows.. :RpS_biggrin:
Chriss ime a man of you own heart but trust me these are realy a good bit of kit i use mine mainly for cutting Architraves and stops on flooring jobs wouldnt be without it now.

I've had the Fein equivalent for about 4 yrs, and wouldn't be without it. The Fein has a 3 yr warranty too.

Yeah they are really usefull i aint got the bosh one just a cheapo job i bought about 3 year ago.Really usefull bit of kit im hoping Hitachi bring a cordless one out cus id love a cordless one and have lots of cordless hitachi other kit.I use mine all the time.Chris a multi trade guy like you should defo get one mate useless for plasterboard but great for sooooooooooooooooooooooooo many other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.