Book keeping software

Members online

Arti

What's the general consensus on these? . Most reviews I've read are mixed so no clear winner

Love

Arti
Xxxxx

The only software I use is email and web storage to send the lot to the accountant and let them deal with it.

They have the latest software, training, qualifications, experience and a 'trade line' to HMRC. To me it's a bit like hiring a plasterer to do plastering, instead of having a go because you iced a cake. (y)

I use it to create invoices and keep track of what is what :D

I know at any given day where I am with the business

Just set up an excel sheet - tab every month ... all working week dates then expenses section and put the formulas in cells so it adds it all up and subtracts from expenses etc .... easiest way

I'm sick of those envelopes that are tearing full of cash..Surely to God in this day and age an envelope can be developed that can withstand this rigourous ordeal.

I use Google forms. There is also Microsoft Outlook forms for those who don't use Google. All you do is create a form and every time you buy something fill in the form on mobile and the response are put in a spreadsheet in the cloud. Im a little lax so keep receipts in my wallet and enter them when I get chance, it don't take 5 seconds to enter a receipt. When done i bung um in a box in the garage. I also don't use cash to buy materials so at the end of the year i hand over the Google form responses spreadsheet and bank statements to accountant. My google form questions are. Question 1..which shop. 2. What was bought. 3.Breakdown ie tools £150.workware £150 4. Total spent £300....That's it.... I must have a spreadsheet with over 500 lines going back 2 years and still growing... Works for me and free to do plus can't loose it as stored in cloud...