Bonding

hollybank

Private Member
WTF have they done to the new bonding in the lighter purple bags not the bonding 60,mixed a full gorilla tub full and its going off in the bottom of the tub a few mins later,stuck on the trowel etc.
Yes it used to stick to the side of the tub,but why have they messed about with this now as it aint made life easier.
I remember when it was a lot coarse years ago then they bought a new creamy formula out,but this stuff is utter crap.
Every other trade has things to make things easier ie expanding foam,non solder heating pipes,brick screws that require no rawl plugs.Why do they make our lives so difficult,feel like jacking in.
Rant over.

Possibly a bad batch mate ? You sure it wasn’t 60 lol. I’ve noticed a texture change and it feels as tho it’s unmixing itself as it goes off but no flash setting and I’m using a lot of it

WTF have they done to the new bonding in the lighter purple bags not the bonding 60,mixed a full gorilla tub full and its going off in the bottom of the tub a few mins later,stuck on the trowel etc.
Yes it used to stick to the side of the tub,but why have they messed about with this now as it aint made life easier.
I remember when it was a lot coarse years ago then they bought a new creamy formula out,but this stuff is utter crap.
Every other trade has things to make things easier ie expanding foam,non solder heating pipes,brick screws that require no rawl plugs.Why do they make our lives so difficult,feel like jacking in.
Rant over.
Just contact your local rep. they will send it away for testing. Get back to you and say its fine but wont tell you what they are testing it for...............Standard issue response. BG have got the market sewn up and dont give a f**k

Honest answer is it’s our lots fault , any alternative products no one seems interested in using ,
Heard this lad moaning about multi the other day yet seen him buying it again

Possibly a bad batch mate ? You sure it wasn’t 60 lol. I’ve noticed a texture change and it feels as tho it’s unmixing itself as it goes off but no flash setting and I’m using a lot of it
Probably yes still in date till end of may,first time ive used the lighter coloured bags,i got half a bag of the deep purple bag in the van as i needed that as well and what a difference.

The aggregate was definitely very different when bonding was gray. As far current bonding goes I've not had a problem with it.

The aggregate was definitely very different when bonding was gray. As far current bonding goes I've not had a problem with it.
We used to avoid the grey bonding as that would take all day to go off,i would take it now.

May start having to use a tall bucket and putting it on the spot board and cleaning bucket out asap.
I said to my mate that they ought to give you a free bucket with every bag of bonding they sell.

I’ve found multi brilliant at moment . Just changed the way I use it . Speed skim the first coat . Let it pick up .Lay in with fresh gear . Speed skim again . Then leave it to pick up then finish with one trowel

That on re skim too mate?

May start having to use a tall bucket and putting it on the spot board and cleaning bucket out asap.
I said to my mate that they ought to give you a free bucket with every bag of bonding they sell.

I have separate handboard trowel bucket trowel bucket etc for bonding/dabbing.

Can’t say I’ve had a bad bag of bonding tho n used 10 bags last week

I’m domestic now so it’s all mainly reskimming . I’ve been back to look at a few jobs since it’s dried out before paint goes on and it looks mint .

Nice quick method mate. Guess you’re leaving it a fair while before that final trowel? Ox flex?

Would imagine that bonding is more susceptible to climate when stored due to the vermiculite in it. Could be talking mine but the vermiculite might hold moisture maybe not enough to cause lumps but enough to cause the bonding to flash set. Had it happen a few times with grey bonding.

Nela medi flex. Leave it to touch dry run large water brush in front of trowel when going over . Then can Always give it a polish before you go home . I find if I can get it flat as possible while it’s wet then leave it to go touch dry . Works for me . I can remember when I was an apprentice i was taught to lay in then leave it and finish it with one trowel. But I got out the habit and started f**k**g about with it . Need to go back to how I was taught

Nela medi flex. Leave it to touch dry run large water brush in front of trowel when going over . Then can Always give it a polish before you go home . I find if I can get it flat as possible while it’s wet then leave it to go touch dry . Works for me . I can remember when I was an apprentice i was taught to lay in then leave it and finish it with one trowel. But I got out the habit and started fkg about with it . Need to go back to how I was taught

I’m exactly the same mate, I start faffing with different methods and changing things, probably due to boredom. But you end up over complicating it.

I was shown put it on tidy, lay in even tidier then flatten /fill any bits and leave it. Then cross it . Done.

Fast forward to now and I’m faffing with it some days haha

I’m exactly the same mate, I start faffing with different methods and changing things, probably due to boredom. But you end up over complicating it.

I was shown put it on tidy, lay in even tidier then flatten /fill any bits and leave it. Then cross it . Done.

I’m same . I think it’s because now I’m domestic I’m doing smaller sets so keep
f**k**g about with it . Me and lad had a 3 bag set today in kitchen . Put it on got it nice and flat . Sat in van for half hour came back in and finished it in one . Cleaned up packed van quick polish . Done for 1.00. A days money for us

Rant over.
I have had the same thing happen to me mate, it’s only with the bags with the new packaging! I had to check the bags to make sure I didn’t pick up bonding 60 by mistake! Sticks like s**t to everything and flash sets.

Multi is decent at the minute but Bonding.. I hate the stuff, ruins your buckets and tools, I wouldn't want to do any more than a bit of patching or straightening with it, a day of floating with Bonding and I'd need to invest in a whole new set of tools, it'd probably start setting on my van n all like barcicles on a ship, horrible crap.

Dog s**t we use, saw sparky van this morning f**k me vw mint inside and out, we are tramps now and no repeck, I cannot go on a site and earn 500 been told I am to slow, all plasterer are a bunch of c**t, asuwere

Are we able to upload videos easily on here now
I used bonding last week and was fine but in general when read posts of bonding or multi setting fast or whatever would be better to see video of what people on about
On a different note also about bonding I think it all should just be set 60 as who does more than a little area with the stuff tbh I can’t remember last time I floated bonding more than 8 m2 area , hardwall fair enough but who has used bonding to completely float a wall in last 10 years ?
It’s like the easy fill of backing coats

Are we able to upload videos easily on here now
I used bonding last week and was fine but in general when read posts of bonding or multi setting fast or whatever would be better to see video of what people on about
On a different note also about bonding I think it all should just be set 60 as who does more than a little area with the stuff tbh I can’t remember last time I floated bonding more than 8 m2 area , hardwall fair enough but who has used bonding to completely float a wall in last 10 years ?
It’s like the easy fill of backing coats

I use both. 60 small areas. Normal when covering loads of artex