Bonding

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas

Hullo:)

When im using a bag of bonding on a bad surface, i always mix a bit of finish in with the mix. This gives a nicer smoother finish and it feels a bit nicer to use. But it also helps the bonding go off a bit faster, which is handy if you need to coat it with finish on the same day.
But sometimes it still takes an age to dry, and i have to come back the next day to finish it.
I have a mate who adds a little amount of lime powder to his bonding, which makes it go off like a rocket, apparently, but i have never tried it.

Has anyone else used lime in their bonding?
Or have any other methods for it to go off faster without jeapordising the bond?

Cheers:)

Worked with Danny the other day and he put cement in. Enough to turn the colour. It worked.
That said we needed about a handful and the labourer did a whole bucket!!

Cement in the bonding?
Hmmm....
I will try it, but i will be back with vengance if its b*ll***s:D

It's all Danny's fault if it goes wrong!
If it works I'll accept the praise on his behalf of course! ;)

I use it all the time, whether I am sticking beads up or repairing holes.

Time is money and with all recent jobs aside I personally hate hanging around.

Danny

mixing up in dirty water will also help it to go off quicker ;)

Yup i do that too sometimes, but if the bonding im mixing is the first mix of the day then i dont have any dirty water.
I will try a bit of cement in with the mix next time, and compare it to adding lime powder and get back with my scientific results. :D

start with one handful of cement in your mix first. You can get a feel for how quickly it sets the bonding off then and on your next mix apply the cement accordingly ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.