Bonding thrown in with finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah or you can do it yourself & post it to em then they email results with 48 hrs just need to carefully scrape about thumbnail full from a few different areas of the ceiling or walls into a sealable food type bag then put in another bag & tape shut & put in an envelope, just say which room its from & the address of the property. Also mark envelope it may contain hazardous material :RpS_biggrin:

Asbestos in artex isn't all that dangerous but if your scraping it back everyday then it will be. Scrapping a thumbnail size will not harm you but if your worried, wear a mask.

I always mix first coat half bonding half finish

i always give the lid a wet coat of pva, leave for haly hour then scrape.It softens the artex and scraspes back flatter,never found a need to **** about with bonding.

Not if its soaking into the artex,then just 1 more over the top,your also not using as much multi to cover it, so less weight on the ceiling.

Yeah or you can do it yourself & post it to em then they email results with 48 hrs just need to carefully scrape about thumbnail full from a few different areas of the ceiling or walls into a sealable food type bag then put in another bag & tape shut & put in an envelope, just say which room its from & the address of the property. Also mark envelope it may contain hazardous material :RpS_biggrin:
dont think the post office will be very happy if they find out your sending a potential dangerous substance through the post :RpS_laugh:

Fcuk em mate :RpS_wink: Me & my mate do it:RpS_wink:
It's not really dangerous in artex anyway, just gotta cover our asses though....ohhhh errrr :-0

Fcuk em mate :RpS_wink: Me & my mate do it:RpS_wink:
It's not really dangerous in artex anyway, just gotta cover our asses though....ohhhh errrr :-0

Non dangerous asbestos! whats the point of testing it then?? And what about ares that have tile adesive on thats to thick for just a skim?

Non dangerous asbestos! whats the point of testing it then?? And what about ares that have tile adesive on thats to thick for just a skim?

There's hardly any asbestos in it mate. :RpS_biggrin:
Get it tested so the customer doesn't sue you if they later find out it contained asbestos.(I know a company this happened to)
Thick tile adhesive, get a blade scraper on it or sds chisel drill :RpS_wink:

Ok ok I admit it I did use bonding over artex once,
Over some bark effect on some walls but only because I couldn't be arsed to scrape it down :RpS_biggrin:

There's hardly any asbestos in it mate. :RpS_biggrin:
Get it tested so the customer doesn't sue you if they later find out it contained asbestos.(I know a company this happened to)
Thick tile adhesive, get a blade scraper on it or sds chisel drill :RpS_wink:

Ok ok I admit it I did use bonding over artex once,
Over some bark effect on some walls but only because I couldn't be arsed to scrape it down :RpS_biggrin:
To be honest al that takes time, time is money I was.only on job for a day so done what I had to .what would you do if you scraped tile adesive off then the plaster scrapes off to your gonna wanna charge more For the extra work. Involved cos I would.

Sometimezs the artex cums through not matter what you do you can apply the first coat a bit thicker with a few hanfulls of bonding its the way forward. I dont bother scraping the major stipples any morecos I heard artex before the eighties may have asbestos in it!

Artex and plasterboard up to the year 2k may contain asbestos. When i was doing insurance work for a company through rok, before they went down the pan and took everyone with them, we had to get every ceiling tested and 99% had to have the welsh boys in to rip it out for a reboard as it contained an undisclosed amount of asbestos. The amounts in board and artex are minimal, its the spray on stuff they used to use, fireproofing s**t thats the nasty stuff. I just get in and hit off the high spots with the floor scraper then go for a fag while the air clears. If you do that then dont forget to tape up the doors and open the windows as if the customer develops asbestosis then regardless if it was directly caused by you creating a potentially harmful airborne dust you may well be in the proverbial sh1t :RpS_sleep:

Take from that what you wish and im sure i'll be told im wrong:rolleyes)

Last edited:
Sometimezs the artex cums through not matter what you do you can apply the first coat a bit thicker with a few hanfulls of bonding its the way forward. I dont bother scraping the major stipples any morecos I heard artex before the eighties may have asbestos in it!

I used to do alot of work for big insurance firm.all artex cieling before 1997are tested.thats when they stopped using it.cant believe a clown on here saying "not much in it anyway"he is a danger to himself an more importantly others!! Two plasterers i know died recently of it 57 an 58 healthy good spreads non smokers an fit.one of them told me goverment know thousands of trades are gona die of it an already halfed compo for families left.we mess with refurb disturb old s**t plaster.prisons schools hospitals asbestos was put in plaster for sound am fire resistent qualities!so clown saying only little bit stay away from him an idiots scraping it back exposing clients to danger.

To be honest al that takes time, time is money I was.only on job for a day so done what I had to .what would you do if you scraped tile adesive off then the plaster scrapes off to your gonna wanna charge more For the extra work. Involved cos I would.

Mate I can only just about see the screen through my beer goggles,
But if it works for you that's fine :RpS_thumbup:

Also its not really extra work to scrape off, pva twice & skim, less than a days work so no extra time.

If there was tile adhesive to scrape off & a risk of the plaster coming off then this would have been foreseen & in my original quote, I don't charge extra for things I didnt foresee happening :RpS_wink:

I used to scrape it off until I heard ther was a chance that anything before 80s may have asbestos in it regardless of how much I dont wannatake the chance butt all the time your scraping im putting on pva then wen im ist coating your smoking wen im smoking your pvaing wen im second coating your 1st coating you see what im saying :RpS_laugh:

I used to do alot of work for big insurance firm.all artex cieling before 1997are tested.thats when they stopped using it.cant believe a clown on here saying "not much in it anyway"he is a danger to himself an more importantly others!! Two plasterers i know died recently of it 57 an 58 healthy good spreads non smokers an fit.one of them told me goverment know thousands of trades are gona die of it an already halfed compo for families left.we mess with refurb disturb old s**t plaster.prisons schools hospitals asbestos was put in plaster for sound am fire resistent qualities!so clown saying only little bit stay away from him an idiots scraping it back exposing clients to danger.

Well some idiots cant take a joke & believe everything they read on the Internet.
Mind you your a typical troll looking for a reaction but I won't react...

You fcucking w**k*r hope you die of asbestosis while been shagged up the arse by your mom :)

That's better :RpS_thumbup:

I used to scrape it off until I heard ther was a chance that anything before 80s may have asbestos in it regardless of how much I dont wannatake the chance butt all the time your scraping im putting on pva then wen im ist coating your smoking wen im smoking your pvaing wen im second coating your 1st coating you see what im saying :RpS_laugh:

Hmm I see what your saying but..
I don't smoke mate :RpS_thumbup:
And your worried about asbestos :RpS_biggrin:

Mate I can only just about see the screen through my beer goggles,
But if it works for you that's fine :RpS_thumbup:

Also its not really extra work to scrape off, pva twice & skim, less than a days work so no extra time. hey mate you typing with one eye open go bed if you got work youll regret it on that first set

Well some idiots cant take a joke & believe everything they read on the Internet.
Mind you your a typical troll looking for a reaction but I won't react...

You fcucking w**k*r hope you die of asbestosis while been shagged up the arse by your mom :)

That's better :RpS_thumbup:

Stupid boy.think youve got mother issue.no diddy when baby?your obviously G**.is that "funny"enough for you pervert?oh sorry forgot the "lol"

Stupid boy.think youve got mother issue.no diddy when baby?your obviously G**.is that "funny"enough for you pervert?oh sorry forgot the "lol"

:RpS_lol: absolutely hilarious mate :RpS_laugh:
Really really funny :RpS_lol:
Can't stop :RpS_laugh: laughing: :RpS_lol:
Please no more :RpS_lol:

Artex and plasterboard up to the year 2k may contain asbestos. When i was doing insurance work for a company through rok, before they went down the pan and took everyone with them, we had to get every ceiling tested and 99% had to have the welsh boys in to rip it out for a reboard as it contained an undisclosed amount of asbestos. The amounts in board and artex are minimal, its the spray on stuff they used to use, fireproofing s**t thats the nasty stuff. I just get in and hit off the high spots with the floor scraper then go for a fag while the air clears. If you do that then dont forget to tape up the doors and open the windows as if the customer develops asbestosis then regardless if it was directly caused by you creating a potentially harmful airborne dust you may well be in the proverbial sh1t :RpS_sleep:

Take from that what you wish and im sure i'll be told im wrong:rolleyes)
Omg.

Status
Not open for further replies.