Bonding plaster on to a conservatory brick wall

jnscts

Just joined the forum and read that bonding and finishing plaster should be done within an hour or two. I need to know this is a very small area which I had knock back to brickwork. So for the bonding do i need to add a waterproof and SBR ( SBR on the
brick work) Also because it is such a small area can I just make my on bond mix ie plasters sand and cement; what mix please

Just joined the forum and read that bonding and finishing plaster should be done within an hour or two. I need to know this is a very small area which I had knock back to brickwork. So for the bonding do i need to add a waterproof and SBR ( SBR on the
brick work) Also because it is such a small area can I just make my on bond mix ie plasters sand and cement; what mix please
Browning is your friend.

Hi to all readers. Thanks for the sensible comments. Just would appreciate exactly the right mixes please. Ps it’s a very small area. Can I do a premix before a finishing plaster

Why not board it? I wouldn't use hardball or browning on an exterior wall personally, s+c if you can't board it........although I don't really know what your talking about either

Hi Richard, I chipped away plaster just within a patio door ; over the years/mould set in and the plaster started to crumble. Again I chipped to the brick work ; and now I just want to know the best way forward

The wall is not external. The area in question is internal brick wall in a conservatory. It is a small area about 2 foot from the floor

Make sure theres a dpc between your door frame and wall, you can't have the inside meeting the outside, if not, expanding foam, then bit of waterproof in s+c, then skim

Morning Richard,
Thanks for your advice. I have attached a photo to show you how small the area is. This is why I was hoping having to buy 25 k of an undercoat plaster. All I want to know is do I have to SBR the brickwork (inside the patio door prior to starting some kind of base coat. Will await your answer and time

Attachments

• 5EF4129E-FC62-4EFF-850F-7976FD00AF2A.jpeg
    5EF4129E-FC62-4EFF-850F-7976FD00AF2A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 205
Morning Richard,
Thanks for your advice. I have attached a photo to show you how small the area is. This is why I was hoping having to buy 25 k of an undercoat plaster. All I want to know is do I have to SBR the brickwork (inside the patio door prior to starting some kind of base coat. Will await your answer and time
Dot and Dab 9mm.board, patch in bead, reskim

So what you mean is put a piece of 9mm board (plaster board) ?.? The beading has to be bonded and also I would need to build up (with what ?) before doing a finishing skin.

I have just measured the thickness of the original plaster ie from the brickwork to the skim is just over a half inch & about 20mm ( still cannot get used to metric measurements. Await next advised

To help I have just taken another pic

Attachments

• D9DAE8DA-DE20-4839-97C6-E482D4ED08A4.jpeg
    D9DAE8DA-DE20-4839-97C6-E482D4ED08A4.jpeg
    984.4 KB · Views: 225
I have just measured the thickness of the original plaster ie from the brickwork to the skim is just over a half inch & about 20mm ( still cannot get used to metric measurements. Await next advised
You're either on the windup or way out of your depth if you think 20mm is "just over a half inch".
Either way it's made me smile.

To help I have just taken another pic
Salt neutlizer then limelight that,get a spread in and get it done right as your bead will need marring up etc,it will look s**t a diyer doing that.no offence but lifes too short,out of curiosity what brand beans do you buy?

Dot and dab easily, 9mm board, 1 bag bonding compound, 1 multi finish and a dry wall angle bead

don't put bonding coat on them walls there both damp get your damp problem looked into first before any plastering is done

Hopefully I can move forward. The walls are dry - I received a replay from Danny
Hopefully he to can help. I just need a base plaster and then a skimming plaster. Do I need a waterproof and OR sbr before starting. Thanks to all