Bonding or Hardwall

TheWhippet

Hi all,
This is an external wall that has been taken back to brick as the plaster had blown. It's about 100 years old and I wondered if it was best to use bonding after some form of suction control or hardwall.

20211125_094242.jpg

20211126_153359.jpg

I assume I'd have to put some kind of mesh over the wooden lintel above the window too?

Thanks in advance!

mesh all wood,,,scrub brickwork down,,a good dampen with water then tight coat of hardwall, scratch it then straight over with hardwall , rule off,,skim it same day,,,,sit down on crate with beer n bifter and admire the wonderous art you have just created

mesh all wood,,,scrub brickwork down,,a good dampen with water then tight coat of hardwall, scratch it then straight over with hardwall , rule off,,skim it same day,,,,sit down on crate with beer n bifter and admire the wonderous art you have just created
Looks like a solid wall mate.

Insulate external wall, it won’t cost much.

If you do just hardwall it, embed some render mesh where the block work is.

Insulated board, or celotex and PB. Makes a big difference to a room. You’ve got one shot so its up to you. My house is very similar and I’ve insulated the fook out of it.

No need for a boiler, just installed a PP3 battery instead!
Is that the one you touch with your tongue to see if it's good?

Insulated board, or celotex and PB. Makes a big difference to a room. You’ve got one shot so its up to you. My house is very similar and I’ve insulated the fook out of it.

No need for a boiler, just installed a PP3 battery instead!
I.m using em again on gable even though it's got cavity wall insulation as that side of house is f**k**g freezing