Bonding on plasterboard?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewp

Can I put bonding plaster straight onto plasterboard? I need to pack out an edge, but nothing over 3/4 inch thick though.

Also, what's the score about skimming over bonding? I assume I can do it the same day but at what point? As soon as it's hard?

Ta.

(you know, the more I write on this forum, the more I'm acutely aware of how sexual this all sounds. firm, hard, tight, length of tool, it's a chuffing mine field. :RpS_scared:)

ha ha ha ha - it is why most of the "spreads" do their job - all the innuendo!! LOL

BTW - I am watching Autumnwatch giggling to myself about their "Beaverwatch" section - trying not to let the kids notice - LOL

sorry - can't answer your questions - not my forte....

Can I put bonding plaster straight onto plasterboard? I need to pack out an edge, but nothing over 3/4 inch thick though.

Also, what's the score about skimming over bonding? I assume I can do it the same day but at what point? As soon as it's hard?

Ta.

(you know, the more I write on this forum, the more I'm acutely aware of how sexual this all sounds. firm, hard, tight, length of tool, it's a chuffing mine field. :RpS_scared:)
yes and shouldnt u know the answer before even asking

Ta.

Yes you can, bonding is ideal for plasterboards, wait until it's taken up and then devil float it, skim it the following day and before you skim it give it a scrape over with your trowel to take off the rough spots :RpS_thumbup:

Last edited:
S'all good. I'll bond early and skim a after it's hardened the same day. If not, i'll PVA it or wet it down the following day and skim it then.

Thanks for all your help.

a drop of lime through the bonding should speed up the setting time.put your finish on just as the bonding is setting time it right and it polishes up good.just be carefull not to put ur finish on to soon it will blister like feck.

Worked a treat. Just let the bonding harden and start to set and then laid some multi on.

Thanks for all the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.