Bonding on gloss surface

Members online

el_indio

Hi all,
Hope all's well with ye?
A fairly simple question, probably receive the usual varied answers heh heh but any help appreciated.
I overboarded a cracked lath/plaster ceiling with 12mm boards, screwed into the joists no problem, nice flat solid ceiling again.
It's an old Victorian house with original cornicing which they obviously want to keep.
I'm going to skim the plaster straight onto the first edge of the coving (have done this before) but it has been glossed.
Any thoughts on adhesion guys? Thought to use blue grit (hate the stuff, even though it works) but was wondering if bonding might stick?

is it flush mate if you have the depth I would form a key with a knife and sbr just around the edge then bonding if you can sbr is a lot more powerful it would be ok just for such a small amount why don't you like blue grit?

I usually just bridge the board and coving with scrim. Never failed up to now...but depends on how deep the gap is.

Hi all,
Hope all's well with ye?
A fairly simple question, probably receive the usual varied answers heh heh but any help appreciated.
I overboarded a cracked lath/plaster ceiling with 12mm boards, screwed into the joists no problem, nice flat solid ceiling again.
It's an old Victorian house with original cornicing which they obviously want to keep.
I'm going to skim the plaster straight onto the first edge of the coving (have done this before) but it has been glossed.
Any thoughts on adhesion guys? Thought to use blue grit (hate the stuff, even though it works) but was wondering if bonding might stick?
Grit.

Thanks chaps. Blue Grit it shall be.
Beddy, Customer wants it done that way so it'll be easier to paint.
Mad Monk, I don't like using Blue Grit as it's difficult to use (I find it to be anyway!)
Cheers for the advice!

Thanks chaps. Blue Grit it shall be.
Beddy, Customer wants it done that way so it'll be easier to paint.
Mad Monk, I don't like using Blue Grit as it's difficult to use (I find it to be anyway!)
Cheers for the advice!
scratch a key into it then mate that's all the grit does then sbr or neat pva