Bonding/Hardwall plastering

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sussexflange

Hi

Which would be the best backing plaster to use Hardwall or Bonding?

I recently had to remove a load of plaster(although it looks like it might be sand and cement render its grey)around the internal outside walls, due to damp, which i think is sorted now. I obviously need to patch it back in with either Hardwall or Bonding before giving it a final coat of finishing plaster.

I have applied some Wickes Bonding agent to the blocks, im wondering if this was a good idea or not..

I have also taken all the tiles off in the Bathroom and alot of the Render/Plaster has come away, some is quite loose and there are cracks all over it, wondering whether its a good idea to remove it all or can i patch it with something?

There is also a gap at the end of the bath, would i be able to bring this out with plaster?

Would appreciate any help.

Either bonding or hardwall, skimmed and painted with a bathroom paint wouldn't be a problem if the damp is sorted.

That said, sand and cement would be better but that follows with almost every instance.

Got any pictures?

For some reason im not allowed to post attachments.

Is sand and cement easier/harder than multi finish? bearing in mind i haven't used either before, only one coated an under stairs cupboard before. I just felt like having a go at plastering.

The house was built in 1969

The dpm wasnt linked in with the dpc and it had been plastered down below the dpc onto damp brick. The dpm was just folded over then the slab dumped on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.