Bond over timber

Cjm_dublin

Hi looking for advice on bonding over timber in an old house. The walls are a chalk type block with a timber stud embeddednaround the doors and along a foot or so below the ceiling. The plaster had many cracks so I have taken and am planning the below steps to resolve:

1 remove all loose plaster and chase around all timber
2 paint timber with oil based undercoat
3 tack wire mesh on all timber and gaps and conduit
4 fill very large holes with concrete
5 spraypaint all mesh with primer
6 pva (1 to 3) all areas around chases and old plaster and concrete
7 bond all these areas with gyproc bonding coat
7 skim all areas with gyproc skimcoat

Any advice on the above process?
Many thanks

Attachments

• 20201125_112035.jpg
    20201125_112035.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 365
Hi looking for advice on bonding over timber in an old house. The walls are a chalk type block with a timber stud embeddednaround the doors and along a foot or so below the ceiling. The plaster had many cracks so I have taken and am planning the below steps to resolve:

1 remove all loose plaster and chase around all timber
2 paint timber with oil based undercoat
3 tack wire mesh on all timber and gaps and conduit
4 fill very large holes with concrete
5 spraypaint all mesh with primer
6 pva (1 to 3) all areas around chases and old plaster and concrete
7 bond all these areas with gyproc bonding coat
7 skim all areas with gyproc skimcoat

Any advice on the above process?
Many thanks

wire mesh needs to go a few inches past the timber into brick/block work

Thanks for the suggestions. The issue with taking the mesh inches into the brick is that it will raise the profile of the walls. That will warrant a major amount of chasing to sit the mesh within the walls for finishing (10 room house). Could I get away with sitting the mesh within the existing grooves and holes up to the full brick? Is there another solution altogether?

I understand refloating all walls or slabbing of the walls of the house is an option but that would be too much time and cost for this project.

Thanks for all the input. Regarding the dab suggestions, us the recommendation to dabb and skim the whole house? The walls are ok for the most part and that will cost a lot if time and money.

If the suggestion is to dab just the wood and gap areas, I assume id be left with large profiles to feather in which would not work either. Am I missing something there? Cheers

Thanks for all the input. Regarding the dab suggestions, us the recommendation to dabb and skim the whole house? The walls are ok for the most part and that will cost a lot if time and money.

If the suggestion is to dab just the wood and gap areas, I assume id be left with large profiles to feather in which would not work either. Am I missing something there? Cheers
How thick is existing plaster?

I am refurbishing my flat and also applying skimcoat. What is the procedure for using MESH? Can anyone let me know the steps to follow for skimcoat please?