Body is telling me to quit plastering...

Members online

CeeVee

So Im meeting with a neurosurgeon on Thursday and I know he's gonna tell me I have to quit plastering. Got spinal/back surgery coming again.
Easier said than done, so what's a man to do now?

I did my teaching quals and even went for an interview but in all honesty I don't think I can do it. Wages were shite anyway. Dire.
Site managment?
Supervisor role?
I'm at a stage where I can't afford to be on much less money.
What would you do?

Drive a taxi.
Pondering Anthony Anderson GIF by BET

So Im meeting with a neurosurgeon on Thursday and I know he's gonna tell me I have to quit plastering. Got spinal/back surgery coming again.

I did my teaching quals and even went for an interview but in all honesty I don't think I can do it. Wages were shite anyway. Dire.
Site managment?
Supervisor role?
What would you do?
Plaster/render, rep, area development
Might be worth looking at,
most start with zero knowledge of the industry, so you got 1 up straight away

Site managment?
Supervisor role?
What would you do?

I would get an easy job and look at ways to cut spending....

I have been seeing doctors for years now about my hands and they cant help... years of abuse has not done me well... Cant do buttons and struggle to do zips and even getting key in the door at times is hard....

selling honey is not a way to riches by the way :D

teaching plastering I dont think pays anywhere near enough...

I always wanted to drive hgvs, if I ever have to stop plastering I'll definitely have that in mind, long hours but money is OK and you get to get away from the missus

I’ve seen that these turns in life that you would not choose often turn out very well so be positive about what is coming. Correction not coming but rather what you will make happen
I like that.
My brains just fecking frazzled. It's quite scary stuff.

Concentrate on a successful operation yet still testing the waters and putting the feelers out on future options without carrying the mental load of having to get that sorted now. Just look about and meditate on it all as and when having just that as the current goal like parousing holiday brochures or something no commitment involved. You’ll end up in a better final scenario sooner that way rather than jumping into something with haste. All that time your main mental load should be a positive and successful operation as you and your attitude can help it go well