Boards on wrong.

Diesel

Been to price a job and boards are back to front. Can they be skimmed thinking over grit or is there any other options not really an option to reverse them as most of it is angled cuts.

Tell them it's wrong so can't guarantee it. If bothered maybe pva it but it will be fine ....... and no gaurentee to worry about

Been to price a job and boards are back to front. Can they be skimmed thinking over grit or is there any other options not really an option to reverse them as most of it is angled cuts.
[Qyears we="Diesel, post: 1002564, member: 30992"]Been to price a job and boards are back to front. Can they be skimmed thinking over grit or is there any other options not really an option to reverse them as most of it is angled cuts.[/QUOTE]
20 years ago we skimmed on the brown side and artex on white . I can't remember having trouble then scrim the joint and crack on whith the job

Skim away if your that worried give them a very light pva a few old school builders tack brown side out.

Are they duplex foilback? :cachetada:

[Qyears we="Diesel, post: 1002564, member: 30992"]Been to price a job and boards are back to front. Can they be skimmed thinking over grit or is there any other options not really an option to reverse them as most of it is angled cuts.
20 years ago we skimmed on the brown side and artex on white . I can't remember having trouble then scrim the joint and crack on whith the job[/QUOTE]
Can remember that I've been at this 40 years. two boards taped together had to humph them up stairs. Just thought it might have been a different paper on the back now.

it is recycled paper on the back of plasterboard now. the plaster may bubble, it may be ok. you could give it a tight coat of ova just to make sure it does key, as the ivory has tiny pin holes to give it a key and they would not prep the recycled paper the same way.
the ivory side is returned over the bonded edges so once it is butted up to an other board it can not be pulled off the gypsum infill

No, the guy just boarded it ,he's a scaffolder don't know if that would explain it. It'll be done next week. Just I've never came across this before.

I'm takin' the piss fella!

Unless the paper is bubbling or blistering off, just tape it and crack on.

I turned a couple of boards round the wrong way today because it worked out better that way!

[Qyears we="Diesel, post: 1002564, member: 30992"]Been to price a job and boards are back to front. Can they be skimmed thinking over grit or is there any other options not really an option to reverse them as most of it is angled cuts.
20 years ago we skimmed on the brown side and artex on white . I can't remember having trouble then scrim the joint and crack on whith the job[/QUOTE]
Yep, I remember that too, one day I was skimming the grey side then the next week i was skimming onto the white side. If you look at the boards now the gypsum is sandwiched in the white paper (wrap around)and the grey paper is just glued on...years ago it was the opposite. Even the grey side back then was more rough texture. Sorry about the history lesson boys....that wasn't even a laugh for me