Boarding up a steel plate - Any ideas?

Members online

euan

Hi All,

I am a building surveyor for Portsmouth City Council and we have to redecorated some communal stairwells. Does anyone have any ideas how these beams and angles can be fire boarded?

I have thought the one on the ceiling wall joint could have noggins cut at angles to make essentially a triangle and then boarded with 12.5mm fire board and 12.5mm grey board then tape and jointed as per the regs..

The wall plate is a different storey because I have to watch the amount the boarding protrudes because it will encroach on to the stair well leaving 1000mm for the stair case as advised by the local fire brigade due to multi occupation in the block.

Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated and if you would like to sen me any numbers for future works then please do.

Thanks to all those that help

Euan

Attachments

• 06 - Burnt of graffiti..JPG
    06 - Burnt of graffiti..JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 288
  • 04 - Poor repairworks carried out..JPG
    04 - Poor repairworks carried out..JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 283
Hi All,

I am a building surveyor for Portsmouth City Council and we have to redecorated some communal stairwells. Does anyone have any ideas how these beams and angles can be fire boarded?

I have thought the one on the ceiling wall joint could have noggins cut at angles to make essentially a triangle and then boarded with 12.5mm fire board and 12.5mm grey board then tape and jointed as per the regs..

The wall plate is a different storey because I have to watch the amount the boarding protrudes because it will encroach on to the stair well leaving 1000mm for the stair case as advised by the local fire brigade due to multi occupation in the block.

Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated and if you would like to sen me any numbers for future works then please do.

Thanks to all those that help

Euan
euan..

im based in Hilsea.... Ejl plastering ltd.

i could poke my head in one afternoon to give some advise if you need it.

its a bit tough to say what your trying yo achieve from.pictures.

give me a call or send more pics to

Dan

What are the bits of steel there for, can’t they be removed? There should be a spec for details such as this in your architects bumf some where. Just another question if you are using forecheck board on the ceiling why are you putting ordinary board over the top? If it’s for sound shouldn’t you use sound check board?

Thanks for replies and yes I do exist:) just manic at work.

So writing a spec to redec 4 communal fire escapes in an 11 storey tower block central Portsmouth.

Thanks Dan if I get stuck I will give you a bell.

The steels are retro fit supports and have to stay in situ.
Pictures were poor to be honest so will post more when in the office tomorrow.