Boardfinish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

leebo02

anyone used board finish lately , and what do you prefer to use on board work multi finish or board finish

Used some boardy on an over skim last week, hour gauges

Got a sweat on but left a nice finish tbh

Before the start of this year I hadn't used boardy in 6-7 years as it was sh8te when I last used it, but now I like it more so than multi..

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

I have been using board finish on the last few overskims I've done I know what you mean with gettin a sweat on spanky ! But I thought the finish was better than multi overall and saving time on sets always a bonus!

i also have not used board finish in at least 8 years, how long is it from mixing to final trowel

Can be as quick as an hr a mix but mine have been around hr n 45 varies but its a lot faster than multi on overskims I now call it board finish fri in the pub for 11 haha

I went through a stage of using board finish on reskims but noticed I was getting quite a few call backs for cracks. Switched back to multi and cracks stopped.

I use either, but would rather use multi as I do a lot of patch and skim work and find the multi a bit more forgiving over bonding or roughing out larger areas.

I was in travis a few weeks ago, popped in for a few bags of skim and was told they had run out, walked into the warehouse to find 2 pallets of board finish and an empty pallet of what was the multi.

I went through a stage of using board finish on reskims but noticed I was getting quite a few call backs for cracks. Switched back to multi and cracks stopped.

Do you use PVA or gritty bonding agents?

What kind of cracks ? Like fire cracking ? Because of suction etc but im guessing u would of noticed them but the customer rang back instead , were they not just in stud walls etc above doors the usual spots ?

Always use board finish but some interesting comments here make me want to give multi a go again. Not used it for ages. Although one of the blokes I sometimes work with was convinced they were putting uni finish in multi. *shrug*

It's nothing to do with what finish you use why it cracks it's the background your goin over ie
If you tap the walls an parts are hollow it's already deboned Dan putting finish over it ain't goin to sort it
I always give em 2 prices one to resKim and the other to bed mesh in the first coat tell you what with that in that baby ain't goin to crack done loads like this it comes out smart no cracking either

Always use board finish but some interesting comments here make me want to give multi a go again. Not used it for ages. Although one of the blokes I sometimes work with was convinced they were putting uni finish in multi. *shrug*

Instead of unifinish how popular do you think a 30 min setting skim would be?

What kind of cracks ? Like fire cracking ? Because of suction etc but im guessing u would of noticed them but the customer rang back instead , were they not just in stud walls etc above doors the usual spots ?

Like crazy paving, happened on a lot of jobs a few weeks after skimming. Maybe it was the substrate and I just had a bad run but after changing back to multi never had a problem. Was about five year ago.

only ever use multi myself unles the customer is supplying the gear and i use whatever they buy

I never charge jobs on the time it will take.

They are paying for a product and service not my time.

Plastering a bedroom costs say £450 whether it takes a hour day or week. The price is the price.

Another complicated load of bollox over how to skim FFS, quite obvious really Board finish on board and Multi finish on other combined surfaces or whatever you got in the van at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.