Board finish

Shamrock78

Hi guys

any ideas about using board finish on walls/ceilings?
80% cold water, 20% hot water(from a kettle) in a small bucket, empty the contents from the bag slowly into the bucket, leave for 20 minutes. Scrim all the joints, go back and mix the powder with a whisk. Then 1 coat @ 15mm or 2 coats @ 7.5mm. Loads of water as it dries and finish with a scratcher. Apply paint in 3 weeks. Job done :maraca:

Fatarm

Trainee mod
Just pre treat the walls and ceiling with a layer of plasterboard first (y) then skim away as normal.

DanM22

80% cold water, 20% hot water(from a kettle) in a small bucket, empty the contents from the bag slowly into the bucket, leave for 20 minutes. Scrim all the joints, go back and mix the powder with a whisk. Then 1 coat @ 15mm or 2 coats @ 7.5mm. Loads of water as it dries and finish with a scratcher. Apply paint in 3 weeks. Job done :maraca:
I meant pre-existing walls & ceilings... basically just use as multi

DanM22

use it on any low suction background . It isn't just for boards . I await your next question about how to prep a wall for re'skimming . :endesacuerdo:
use it on any low suction background . It isn't just for boards . I await your next question about how to prep a wall for re'skimming . :endesacuerdo:

I’ve been in this game a long time mate . I’ve only used BF twice about 15 yrs ago on board work . Client sourced materials. I always just use multi so I was asking a legitimate question . No need to be chippy pal

beader

Private Member
I’ve been in this game a long time mate . I’ve only used BF twice about 15 yrs ago on board work . Client sourced materials. I always just use multi so I was asking a legitimate question . No need to be chippy pal
If as you say you have been in the trade along time then why did you ask such a dumb question ? Finish is all the same its just one is for high suction and one is for low suction . If you have to use board finish on a re'skim just make sure that when you prep you kill any high suction areas . Part of being a good spread is understanding the materials you have to use and the surfaces they have to be applied to . Basics. ..............Just saying.

John j

Mono Don
If as you say you have been in the trade along time then why did you ask such a dumb question ? Finish is all the same its just one is for high suction and one is for low suction . If you have to use board finish on a re'skim just make sure that when you prep you kill any high suction areas . Part of being a good spread is understanding the materials you have to use and the surfaces they have to be applied to . Basics. ..............Just saying.
So what would you use for prep mate

DanM22

As I said I’ve only used BF on 2 hits 15 yrs ago on board as it’s designed for. Only only ever use multi on everything I skim over. BF is not a product I know as I don’t use it. It was a very straight forward question. I didn’t want any comeback if it failed later on . Thanks chippy