Board finish over blue grit

-sean-

Sorry in advance if this is a daft question, can't get multifinish but have some board finish, is it possible to use board finish to reskim over existing plaster if it's been primed with blue grit or will the suction still be too high for it? Bad idea?

Sorry in advance if this is a daft question, can't get multifinish but have some board finish, is it possible to use board finish to reskim over existing plaster if it's been primed with blue grit or will the suction still be too high for it? Bad idea?
Blue grit kills suction almost completely.

It leaves a sort of rubbery membrane which I don't think is water soluble...or if it is, not very because it's a bitch to clean up when it dries.

Don’t Even need blue grit, few coats of pva on the day. Or if u can pva it day before then a coat of pva just before you put it on.

There is some poor advice on here!!
Board finish works on most things aswell as multi finish!! Just control the suction!! "sbr is better than pva,!!

There is some poor advice on here!!
Board finish works on most things aswell as multi finish!! Just control the suction!! "sbr is better than pva,!!
haven’t u just given The same advice that every1 else has said (control the suction)!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks all, never used board finish so didn't know how it compared to multi. Been given a half tub of leftover blue grit so thought it might help but if PVA will do at least that dries clear if I splash it on the woodwork.

Dare I ask @TheWand what's Micro?

Thanks all, never used board finish so didn't know how it compared to multi. Been given a half tub of leftover blue grit so thought it might help but if PVA will do at least that dries clear if I splash it on the woodwork.

Dare I ask @TheWand what's Micro?
Oh Sean sean sean sean sean sean sean. Micro gobetis is a textured bonding agent by Parex. Its a key coat for render but its a dream to skim over. Chuck that blue grit s**t. The grain is too big and you have to leave it over night...... Did have hope for you sean but the Circle of Trust just isnt for you my friend. Happy skimming

Oh Sean sean sean sean sean sean sean. Micro gobetis is a textured bonding agent by Parex. Its a key coat for render but its a dream to skim over. Chuck that blue grit s**t. The grain is too big and you have to leave it over night...... Did have hope for you sean but the Circle of Trust just isnt for you my friend. Happy skimming
:LOL::LOL::LOL: Who the fucks this guy!!

5 year crack free guarantee!!! Why didn't somebody say, 5 minutes would've sold it to me, bargain!
Screenshot_20200730-221606_Chrome.jpg