BNI meetings

Members online

No members online now.
I went once it was to early for me I asked if they could do it in the evening instead they said no so I didn’t go again

I did a few local business meetings and they were terrible... lot of arse licking and I had to listen to some t**t talking about SEO and stuff which was complete b*ll***s.... He did not appreciate me questioning him in front of the whole group and basically calling him a thief.

I helped a mate of mine out from Wigan last year on a job .he does domestics he had work coming out of his ears going them bni meetings

I started doing them a few years ago and it was during the day which was obviously not fitting in with my work schedule.
The people that went were full of shite so just ended up sacking it off..;)

Are there referral fees for bringing someone new in?
The guy seems very VERY keen to get me there.

I was invited to a local one, the times didn’t suit and I didn’t like the stonemasons type vibe going on.

Membership is about £700 for the year plus £10 a week for your breakfast. It works in principle but it relies massively on how good the other members of your chapter/ group are at getting you referrals. You get a 60 second slot every week to tell the chapter what work your looking for and a 10 minute slit every 3 months is to give a more indepth presentation of you business to help the members find you more/ better referrals.

I did it for a year and it didn't work for me purely cos some if the members were lazy c**ts and never bothered trying to get referrals which is what let the scheme down. Think I just about broke even with what I paid out over the year.

Some trades do well but it's all about how good the group is and if they buy into the referral ethos.

Hope this helps. It's worth going just once to see how it all works and it will only cost you the price of a breakfast.

Are you sure it's not BMI for weight watchers
It probably was because there were a load of fat bastards
Membership is about £700 for the year plus £10 a week for your breakfast. It works in principle but it relies massively on how good the other members of your chapter/ group are at getting you referrals. You get a 60 second slot every week to tell the chapter what work your looking for and a 10 minute slit every 3 months is to give a more indepth presentation of you business to help the members find you more/ better referrals.

I did it for a year and it didn't work for me purely cos some if the members were lazy c**ts and never bothered trying to get referrals which is what let the scheme down. Think I just about broke even with what I paid out over the year.

Some trades do well but it's all about how good the group is and if they buy into the referral ethos.

Hope this helps. It's worth going just once to see how it all works and it will only cost you the price of a breakfast.
£700 pound a year plus £10 a week for breakfast?
I think I bailed out when they mentioned the cost!
Don’t forget the lost days wages to attend and listen to a load of waffle..
I don’t think it works for us Plasterers I’d rather put that cost towards a yearly holiday ;)

I got invited by a good joiner I knew,I understood the system and thought ok but my problem was the builder that was there too , I’d seen stuff he does and didn’t want to be referring him for jobs , there is only one of each trade there so it would of got awkward really if I’d of signed up

Presentations lol, sounds proper stupid. The sort of thing you’d expect from office T***s not builders.
it tends to be good for mortgage advisors, financial advisors, accountants, estate agents etc more than trades, or it was in the group i went to..........mainly the f**k**s who dont get into work till 10ish anyway while we wanna be at the tail end of the 1st gauge of skimming by then...........thumb.
I think somewhere in Sheffield they have something similar just for trades, trades hub i think its called, dont know if its anygood like.

it tends to be good for mortgage advisors, financial advisors, accountants, estate agents etc more than trades, or it was in the group i went to..........mainly the f**k**s who dont get into work till 10ish anyway while we wanna be at the tail end of the 1st gauge of skimming by then...........thumb.
I think somewhere in Sheffield they have something similar just for trades, trades hub i think its called, dont know if its anygood like.
You have just hit the nail on the head..
Good man ;)

Before I went self-employed (this time round) I had a job on the cards. Project manager, in an office, loads of interesting work, new technology, paid very well, plenty of perks. The reason I gave it up (and am much happier now) was going to meetings where a room full of clueless cnuts n the make doing anything they could to avoid actually working whilst spouting enough sh1te to fertilise the Sahara. The guaranteed outcome of every meeting was planning another meeting.

The only way I'll go to another 'meeting' in a room full of mouth breathing c0ck knockers like that is if I finally wig out completely and take a full auto and a bag of magazines.

Before I went self-employed (this time round) I had a job on the cards. Project manager, in an office, loads of interesting work, new technology, paid very well, plenty of perks. The reason I gave it up (and am much happier now) was going to meetings where a room full of clueless cnuts n the make doing anything they could to avoid actually working whilst spouting enough sh1te to fertilise the Sahara. The guaranteed outcome of every meeting was planning another meeting.

The only way I'll go to another 'meeting' in a room full of mouth breathing c0ck knockers like that is if I finally wig out completely and take a full auto and a bag of magazines.
Top shelf magazines??

Worked for me, was in one for over four years. As arti says it depends who’s in the group but ours was all the top businesses in the area and when I went first time I got a job that paid around £800 past to me so that paid for my membership. It opened a lot of doors for me and i reckon at least 2 jobs a week where through it. Also the advice I got was brilliant , being able to sit for a coffee after the meeting with the architect/accountant/lawyer/business developer etc and question them and get advice that I still use to this day was amazing. The house I’m in just now is all down to the advice I got and the work they all put in to get me it, Can’t thank them enough. It’s not for everyone but if you have the right group it’s the best thing you can do for your business. @kebab king had a good experience of it as well. I’d say go along for the breakfast and suss it out for yourself, you get three free visits before you need to pay anything so go have a look and decide if it’s for you or not.

Was invited once when I started up again but he didn't know what day it was. 2 weeks later I get a phone call its on tonight. I said I don't have time to get home, diner and get changed and was told, you'll be OK its just a meet and greet.

I turn up with a different mate who was working with me that day. I was f**k**g stinking head to toe and yellow jacket on. Walks into the hotel and finds the room. Opens the double doors, everyone all suited and booted and all dressed up. My mate had one look and said Gis the fan keys. He went sat in van!

Anyway, I walk in and done few of the exchanging pleasantrys bollx then we all sat down at round tables. I'd never felt so out of place as I did that on night. Next everyone has 60 secs to 2 mins to stand up say what they wanted. After seeing everyone very well spoken and hadva sheet of paper they prepared earlier, I seen another fella who wasn't prepared go white. Think I went white to. Honestly started taking a small panic attack thinking how in the name of good f**k can I get out of here. It was getting closer for me to stand up then I noticed the toilet door near me. Got the courge to get up and head to the toilet door so I could get a min to myself before I went back in.

When in the toilet, as luck would have it, there was another door that took you outside. I did a bolter to the van. Mate asked me howd it go. Told him how I did a runner!/both us in stiches of laughter driving out of that hotel carpark. That was my BNI experience :risas:

Was invited once when I started up again but he didn't know what day it was. 2 weeks later I get a phone call its on tonight. I said I don't have time to get home, diner and get changed and was told, you'll be OK its just a meet and greet.

I turn up with a different mate who was working with me that day. I was f**k**g stinking head to toe and yellow jacket on. Walks into the hotel and finds the room. Opens the double doors, everyone all suited and booted and all dressed up. My mate had one look and said Gis the fan keys. He went sat in van!

Anyway, I walk in and done few of the exchanging pleasantrys bollx then we all sat down at round tables. I'd never felt so out of place as I did that on night. Next everyone has 60 secs to 2 mins to stand up say what they wanted. After seeing everyone very well spoken and hadva sheet of paper they prepared earlier, I seen another fella who wasn't prepared go white. Think I went white to. Honestly started taking a small panic attack thinking how in the name of good f**k can I get out of here. It was getting closer for me to stand up then I noticed the toilet door near me. Got the courge to get up and head to the toilet door so I could get a min to myself before I went back in.

When in the toilet, as luck would have it, there was another door that took you outside. I did a bolter to the van. Mate asked me howd it go. Told him how I did a runner!/both us in stiches of laughter driving out of that hotel carpark. That was my BNI experience :risas:

Hahaha