Blunt snips

solway

Anyone any tips for sharpening up a snips which is slightly blunt. It's gone a bit stubborn when I need to snip the wings on mini mesh...

ha ha!!

all you see in recent activity is,

"blunt snips"
"yes buy a new pair"

most f**k**g efficient thread in many a moon lol.

@solway - don't know what snips you have but Wiss snips are brill. If you look at the top cutter on these snips you can see a chunk of the metal is missing, it melted away - that's when I cut through a live cable and the blade glowed bright orange and melted.......oh, and I was electrocuted
IMG_4500.JPG

Anyone any tips for sharpening up a snips which is slightly blunt. It's gone a bit stubborn when I need to snip the wings on mini mesh...
Only run sharpening stone down one edge. I've got a set of Wiss and we'll over 10 years old only now just starting to play up. Got brand new second set ready. I've cut loads of metal channel rib lath etc over the years along with tons of beads etc. Defo recommend them

Jesus,thanks for that "gps". I never knew I could actually buy a NEW snips. Where the f**k have I been....???

Cheers marshy,iv 3 older ones aswell so I'll give them a whizz of the stone and see how I get on [emoji106]

@solway - don't know what snips you have but Wiss snips are brill. If you look at the top cutter on these snips you can see a chunk of the metal is missing, it melted away - that's when I cut through a live cable and the blade glowed bright orange and melted.......oh, and I was electrocuted View attachment 17066

Happened to me during the week only I was using a fase tester screw driver. It blew the screwdriver half way across the room. Big flash and all I could see was 2 black dots for about a min. I touched the screw and metal box at the same time. Didn't get a shock thou it scared the fcuk outa me!

Have never sharpened a pair of snips ever. As soon as they get anyway blunt, in the bin they go and a new pair bought. For all the price of them I'd rather buy that fcuk about sharpening them.

Plus, it's great getting new tools. Its one of the many highlights of my year!

Just cut strips of rough sandpaper......that will quickly give them an "edge".... only temporary though.
Oh, you're welcome.....;)

Quite a lot o
Does that make it go black? My mrs has always fancied a bit of black cock.......[/QUOTE/]

Quite a lot of them do. You'd be surprised at what women talk about when on their own. I know a fella who installed an app on his chicks phone and listened to a recording of everything that was said at an Ann summers party. There was a lot of red faces when it came out he'd did it. Right dirty f**k**s and it even caused a break up with one wife commenting on how small her husband was. Just to state, they all love them big, even the ones that say different. So, if you've a wee cockle and your married, your wife is lying to you if she says she's satisfied!
Poor f**k**s we are:bananas: