Bluegrit/plaziflex

Brian1974

i usually blue grit day before skimming has anyone done it same day with good results.also is the plaziflex worth buying ive not tried them yet?

i usually blue grit day before skimming has anyone done it same day with good results.also is the plaziflex worth buying ive not tried them yet?

Blue grit - not same day
Use wickes bonding agent or microgobetis (parex) as stated above usually set in an hour!

Plazzi's are hit and miss
Don't like the trowels (plaziflex trowels) but the rules are fine, nice roll grip.

Basically another version of a speedskim

Manufacturer spec us there for a reason.

Even if someone on here tells you it'll be fine, you'll both look stupid if it shells off in 6 months won't you?

Suppose it depends on the substrate you're laying onto but why always use Blue Grit? It's expensive and not usually needed if using PVA+water mix, then the PVA dries faster and you're not chancing wait times anyway.

Suppose it depends on the substrate you're laying onto but why always use Blue Grit? It's expensive and not usually needed if using PVA+water mix, then the PVA dries faster and you're not chancing wait times anyway.
grits are expensive yes.....to the cheap ass chancers working for cheap ass clientele

yes but if it goes wrong it wrecks the whole day...

if you get in to the habit of blue gritting and setting up the day before it works well...

turn up in afternoon sheet up prep blue grit bla bla bla... next day walk in start skimming finish by lunch time go to the next job and repeat... I worked like that for years... and if you turn up and one job is not read you have time to find the next one to go to.