Bluegrit not sticking to painted wall

Members online

Bluegrithell

Has anyone experienced Bluegrit not sticking/drying to painted walls? We’ve left it well over 24hrs and yet it just wipes away when water is added. The plasterer and builder we are using have never come across this before. We are now in the predicament of manually scraping the paint off the walls. Has anyone experienced this before and got a solution?
Many thanks

Has anyone experienced Bluegrit not sticking/drying to painted walls? We’ve left it well over 24hrs and yet it just wipes away when water is added. The plasterer and builder we are using have never come across this before. We are now in the predicament of manually scraping the paint off the walls. Has anyone experienced this before and got a solution?
Many thanks
I've had it fail and peel in places, come away like that time you found out why you can't skim over wallpaper fragments.

I put it down to greasy walls in the end.

Still got to clean them beforehand.

Many thanks
Had blue grit stay wet for 3 days plus on glossy walls . Leave it it'll dry eventually

You’ve simply not let it dry long enough
Most if not all grits state MINIMUM 24 hours drying time depending on substrate suction and conditions
Exactly. Some thick c**t thinks it's got to set ha ha . Builder and plasterer never seen it before . Fuk me I'd like to see there work

Set suggests some sort of reaction that isn't relying on air alone.
Drying is more dependent on airflow

I did once think about running away to Ireland to be a janitor.
With my educational achievements I became a plasterer.
We can't all live the dream like you Steven.
You learned plastering in prison. @JessThePlasterer told me

I knew another fella who did that. He only lasted a day with me.

Years later I saw a documentary about prison and there he was, back in prison again, doing life on the installment plan.

Handsome devil isn't he?

87924576_88036286_goldie.jpeg

And it looks like he's back again.

f**k**g muppet. Do you know him?

Last edited:
You learned plastering in prison. @JessThePlasterer told me

I knew another fella who did that. He only lasted a day with me.

Years later I saw a documentary about prison and there he was, back in prison again, doing life on the installment plan.

Handsome devil isn't he?

View attachment 73458

And it looks like he's back again.

f**k**g muppet. Do you know him?

Thanks for that trigger
Screenshot_20230122-201804_Chrome.jpg

This!

That bluegrit is s**t! It's failed 3 times on me. Cuntish and embarrassing when it happens. Pva, I don't think it's ever failed on my yet.
I don’t get the fascination mate
Especially when people put it on high suction like bare artex stipple