Blue speed skim

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajdbuild

Used one for first time today .Brilliant ! Always used the grey one thought it was good but the blue is way better and rules render up nice and flat found the grey ones would bend with the wall a bit but yeh blue speed skim living the dream :RpS_cool:

I changed over to the blue blade and found it better for sand and cement, not used on skim. It's stiffer...

I actually just got given one of these the other day but had grey blade so i bought some new blue blades, do you guys do anything to them before using them on skim. worked quite nice on a stud wall but digged in a bit, think maybe to corners might need rounding off...and it seemed to drag a bit on reskims and tear...

Any tips instead of starting a new thread??

I actually just got given one of these the other day but had grey blade so i bought some new blue blades, do you guys do anything to them before using them on skim. worked quite nice on a stud wall but digged in a bit, think maybe to corners might need rounding off...and it seemed to drag a bit on reskims and tear...

Any tips instead of starting a new thread??

Put a nice big radius on with your snips and on re-skims get on a wall as soon as you get it on, on board work you will get a bit longer at this time of year i will put 2 walls on before i use the speedskim, thats on to new boards btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.