Blue grit

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulp

hi people im new to the forum and i would like to start with this. Iv just got some of that blue grit and plan to use it on my next 2 jobs for no reason other than i want to use something different to pva one is a artex ceiling and the other is over old plaster ive just had a go in my spear room with the stuff applying it with a roller i like to do this first as doing it in a customers house and looking like ive never done this before would look most unprofessional after using this im struggling to see the benefits of it over pva only regarding the application it dont seem to cover very well one role and you need to recharge you roller it flicks and spits every where maybe i approaching this the wrong way and this was only doing a wall wouldn't like to think what a ceiling would be like any help or tips guys as i would like to use this stuff more cos i can see the benifits of it

Yeah that unfortunately is the downside you end up looking like a smurf.

In my experience after a couple of loads on the roller it will start spreading better. And then you can apply a bit thicker.

not looking foreword to the artex ceiling as costumer has expensive wall paper which has to stay spotless guess i have to poly sheet the walls up and again next day

Gotta love those customers that decorate then decide they want plastering doing :RpS_sneaky:

welcome along @paulp :RpS_thumbup: have a search through old threads using the search bar top right. Its been well covered and you will find lots of chatter on it. Have you considered IMO bonding agent?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank god its sinking in at last @ryanswart!! :RpS_thumbup: Don't forget to endorse other products including OTT, TVR (very fast drying) and BMW (for ze Germans products)
Good lad Ryan! :RpS_thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like ryan has binned mike and moved onto marshy...........................:RpS_unsure:

thanks marshy will look into other bonding agent and ryan guess what new coveing i did say {FFS in my head } why didnt you have ceiling done then there reply was we liked it at the time

Gotta love those customers that decorate then decide they want plastering doing :RpS_sneaky:
I've just reskimed a bathroom ceiling after they've had it re tiled and and all new fixtures and fittings I just shook my head double my quote and spent ages covering everything down blood muppets

I had a tub of Blue Grit to use up, so on Wednesday I rollered 4 bedroom walls with it (really glossy paint & blue grit territory). Took me 2 hours to make a neat job & not get it everywhere!

Betokontackt would have taken 30 mins & half the quantity! :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.