Not open for further replies.

Thurman

Hi,

just wondering what's it like going over 'blue grit'
isit true I don't need to pva?
does it pull fast ?
any tips or advice would be very much appreciated

thanks!! :RpS_thumbup:

Takes an extra bag a wall to get over that ballast sh.it. use wba betokontakt or microgobetis

I have not given up on pva yet, only use the grit on smooth concrete.its damn expensive, a few cans of pva will do an entire house..

Im not so sure John,I can get blue grit 10 ltrs for £14plus vat, and it only needs 1 coat whereas a decent pva is £8/10 for 5 ltr so that makes it £16/20 for 10 ltrs and you have to give it at least 3 coats depending on background thus doing the same job 3 times and then it's a lottery if its all gonna stick.

Im not so sure John,I can get blue grit 10 ltrs for £14plus vat, and it only needs 1 coat whereas a decent pva is £8/10 for 5 ltr so that makes it £16/20 for 10 ltrs and you have to give it at least 3 coats depending on background thus doing the same job 3 times and then it's a lottery if its all gonna stick.
There is that...

Just done a few artexed ceilings using blue grit went well.Better to apply with a roller doesn't brush well but have to put first coat on a bit thicker and it does hang around for ages a lot easier than pva thou

nothing wrong with blue grit, but still prefer 2 coats of wickes pva put on the day before,no problems and a lot cheaper

So the lads who don't like or use the blue grit WBA etc do you just use pva on say a high gloss artex lid ???

Status
Not open for further replies.