Blue grit removal before render

Hello everybody, I'm after a bit of advice here since I've not come across this one yet.

Just been to price up a render for one side of a semi detached as the previous builder will not come back to finish.
He hacked off previous render and applied blue grit over the masonry behind. I was pretty sure blue grit was only for internal use so checked out with manufacturers who confirmed it as well and say it has to be removed.

Any ideas on how to get rid of it before I can make a start??

Hello everybody, I'm after a bit of advice here since I've not come across this one yet.

Just been to price up a render for one side of a semi detached as the previous builder will not come back to finish.
He hacked off previous render and applied blue grit over the masonry behind. I was pretty sure blue grit was only for internal use so checked out with manufacturers who confirmed it as well and say it has to be removed.

It will probably jet wash off.

It will probably jet wash off.
Well I did ask them at ever build and he said water would help since its PVA based. Just don't fancy hacking away at it if it's proper stuck on. I'm hoping it isn't but the previous guy put it on at least a few months ago??

I'll just have to wait and see how it goes, I will probably just soak it as much as possible and remove by hand hoping it comes off easy. Isn't until mid August anyway so at least it won't be as hot as it has been lately

Well I did ask them at ever build and he said water would help since its PVA based. Just don't fancy hacking away at it if it's proper stuck on. I'm hoping it isn't but the previous guy put it on at least a few months ago??
It dries to a rubber sort of consistency . I'd say the power washed will get it. Take you a while though so make sure you charge for it

I'll just have to wait and see how it goes, I will probably just soak it as much as possible and remove by hand hoping it comes off easy. Isn't until mid August anyway so at least it won't be as hot as it has been lately
It won't soak. If it did then you wouldn't be able to skim over if

Why does it have to come off.
I was kinda thinking the same thing but rep said it needs removing as it's not suitable for rendering applications, that's why they do an external one for rendering. Not only that, on the off chance something does go wrong and all the weight of render pulls it off or don't adhere properly. It will be on me

If it's too difficult to get off maybe Rendaid or similar with embedded mesh and lots of fixings through after it has set?

Grinder wire brush attachment or diamond wheel paint remover attachment probably go through lots of them and take days And destroy the street for dust
buy decent respiration helmet

Use EWI, adhesive and mechanical fixings the time it will take to remove and the customer will have work that conforms to building regulations.