Blocked up doorway

Craig9

Hi all,
I’m blocking up the side of my Internal-doorway in concrete block, I’ll hit off the render around the edge of the existing to carry it over to prevent a joint using Scrim, just wondered what’s the best way to get to a finish coat?
at the moment I’m going to use diluted SBR to prime the wall before I start, give it a good 15mm of render(Holm and cement with sbr in it) then skim tomorrow?

Is this a way I can do it or should I be doing anything different? As I said it’s inside so no damp issues.

Attachments

• 25AAF153-AE14-4751-BC4E-C440F871760B.jpeg
    25AAF153-AE14-4751-BC4E-C440F871760B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 401
I would of just timber framed it, insulated, plasterboard then skimmed whole wall.
If you carry on on the route you’re doing sort that blockwork out by putting a stagger in it.

Hi all,
I’m blocking up the side of my Internal-doorway in concrete block, I’ll hit off the render around the edge of the existing to carry it over to prevent a joint using Scrim, just wondered what’s the best way to get to a finish coat?
at the moment I’m going to use diluted SBR to prime the wall before I start, give it a good 15mm of render(Holm and cement with sbr in it) then skim tomorrow?

Is this a way I can do it or should I be doing anything different? As I said it’s inside so no damp issues.
I wouldn't skim render the next day when skim sets it will pull face off it

Like for like , match existing render if possible , if sand and cement leave a week before skim

Hi all,

Your f**k**g house will fall down if you keep laying the blocks with no key.

Probably what Warner’s said.
What you gonna do window side?
Looks like a window in pic? You said it’s a door?
I don’t know, it’s your own place (I hope) and your own plan and you will make it work for you and be happy with it probably

Hi all,

I blocked up a doorway at home but I staggered the joins... it has never cracked and those wall starters are great :D I used them to support a falling down garage wall 2 years ago and the wall has not moved at since :D

You still have to put a bond in bricks.

You can't just pile them up like that

Im not gunna undermine the concrete lintel and tie it when a wall starter is perfectly good enough For this simple task and Im Certainly not gunna half bond a block wide pier mate......

Probably what Warner’s said.
What you gonna do window side?
Looks like a window in pic? You said it’s a door?
I don’t know, it’s your own place (I hope) and your own plan and you will make it work for you and be happy with it probably
that bit behind is a window but on the right is the door all in one, but as my conservatory is ancient I need to keep that all in until I change it, when I do I’ll timber frame the back of that block so all I have is a big opening going into the conservatory

3 /4 days should do it /an easy test run thumb nail down it if it digs in to soft if it leaves a kind of silver mark hard enough
@The Hobo , can you do the same trick with a screwdriver as I have just got my nails into good condition during lockdown. Always file in one direction and use a fine grade of nail file is my tip.

@The Hobo , can you do the same trick with a screwdriver as I have just got my nails into good condition during lockdown. Always file in one direction and use a fine grade of nail file is my tip.
tttttttttqafstyui]p-[=#[pijacszdvxp'l]'
@
?daefwh]{
'qefwd>tttttat SAY AGAIN