Blocked air vent still wet.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominique

Hi guys i did a bed room 2 weeks ago, customer asked me to block up a vent that has a air brick on the out side so i filled it full of hardening plaster then skimmed like normal.

He just emailed me and said its still dark brown and has got white powder bits round it, sound like its mold to me and waters getting to the back of it, any ideas what to do would be a great help.

thanks

Look at the outside,the white bits is salts, filling it with plaster is a no no,go back,dig out the air brick and hit both out you with it

ring him back and tell him your arm has just got caught in the smoothy maker and you dont think the doctor can save it

Its a repeat customer i got togo back and fix it. can i not block up the air brick side from the out side, i dont want to ruin the wall unless i have to.

our new flat has loads of airbricks blocked up and tonnes of mould....

A house is either a passive haus or it needs to breath... and have air flow :D

dont go blocking air vents up, they are there for a reason,, you need to get the air flowing again

i get that but he asked me to and ive done them before and theyve bben fine, its more the fact its not drying out thats the problem. maybe i could put some expanding foam through the brick holes?

There will always be mould around it, after all its going to be the coldest spot in the room.

I think that particular area where mould growing is continuously in exposure to water some thing like they use to hang wet clothes or use water in that area. I think only plastering vents can't be sufficient, try to keep that area dry and use a ventilation system like ventis to reduce moisture level in air.

Status
Not open for further replies.