Blending in with old plaster

Kev c

Can this be patched in, plasterd over and blended in with the old plaster, all without leaving a noticable join?

Attachments

• 51604110_2310711505831802_3221250739292602368_n.jpg
    51604110_2310711505831802_3221250739292602368_n.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 579
Can this be patched in, plasterd over and blended in with the old plaster, all without leaving a noticable join?

The answer is yes, probably, but probably not by you.

There's no time saving because half a wall of gear goes off same as a full wall of gear.
There's no material saving because it's less than a bag.

If you're doing it yourself and can get half a wall flat, then you should be able to get a whole wall flat and then you've no need to worry about patching which doesn't always go exactly how you'd like it to.

Oh my bad!...............................NOT!
Why don’t he just pay a spread to do it, that’s not going to cost a fortune is it!
fkg penny pinching tight arses!!!
This attitude that plasterers have that no one but them should lift a trowel is mental. Have you never tinkered around with your car, done a bit of electrics at home or tried a bit of joinery? People just like to be hands on and have a go at jobs in there own home and I don’t see a problem with that. As long as there not doing it to someone else’s home for money then best of luck to them.

This attitude that plasterers have that no one but them should lift a trowel is mental. Have you never tinkered around with your car, done a bit of electrics at home or tried a bit of joinery? People just like to be hands on and have a go at jobs in there own home and I don’t see a problem with that. As long as there not doing it to someone else’s home for money then best of luck to them.
Personally I never touch electrics, plumbing or mess about with my motors. I’d rather earn my money doing what I know best and then pay a professional to do their bit. I know what you mean and it’s up to anyone to have a go at something in their own property but that’s only a small job so why not pay a professional to come and take care of it? It just don’t make sense to me because in my book it’s just being really tight getting involved in something and possibly ballsing it up just to save a few quid!

Personally I never touch electrics, plumbing or mess about with my motors. I’d rather earn my money doing what I know best and then pay a professional to do their bit. I know what you mean and it’s up to anyone to have a go at something in their own property but that’s only a small job so why not pay a professional to come and take care of it? It just don’t make sense to me because in my book it’s just being really tight getting involved in something and possibly ballsing it up just to save a few quid!

Not reaally. You wouldn't knock someone for painting would you? Or laying a path.

I mean I don't blame someone for having a go. What's the worst that can happen? Minor bit of embarrassment and a wasted bag of dust.
Just don’t see the point if someone’s not competent at it that’s all. Pay a professional! Plastering is not like doing a bit of painting ffs.

Just don’t see the point if someone’s not competent at it that’s all. Pay a professional! Plastering is not like doing a bit of painting ffs.
Spot on. If you don't know that you may aswell plaster the whole wall rather than blend it in then I'm pretty sure you're going to do an absolutely awful job of plastering the bottom half. Will take him a whole stressful day and end up looking terrible

Some fare better than others. Let's be honest, it's not hard to plaster a little wall is it?

Anyway, some people just like having a little go.

The guy I'm working for - well, the point of contact, he's not the boss, is a QS. He loves to talk on the phone about the simplest little job for hours. God knows what he's like at home.

Spot on. If you don't know that you may aswell plaster the whole wall rather than blend it in then I'm pretty sure you're going to do an absolutely awful job of plastering the bottom half. Will take him a whole stressful day and end up looking terrible
Totally agree geez!

Some fare better than others. Let's be honest, it's not hard to plaster a little wall is it?

Anyway, some people just like having a little go.

The guy I'm working for - well, the point of contact, he's not the boss, is a QS. He loves to talk on the phone about the simplest little job for hours. God knows what he's like at home.
His wife is probably fed up listening to him rabbit on so he gives you a call instead. Lol. You poor f**k*r.

His wife is probably fed up listening to him rabbit on so he gives you a call instead. Lol. You poor f*kr.

Worked for an engineer once....fcuk me, it was like an episode of Grand Designs every afternoon when he got home. He was out measuring everything I'd done every weekend. Nice bloke but what a nightmare he was.

Cant understand the attitude. ...........We are great ....you all rubbish. All you do is throw shite on a wall and smooth it out. Some are better at it than others same as anything else. Some have more knowledge about general building than others. We all earn loads of money.....you all fools.

Wait for the slump to come which it will soon and one trade which does bad in a slump is plastering.

Cant understand the attitude. ...........We are great ....you all rubbish. All you do is throw shite on a wall and smooth it out. Some are better at it than others same as anything else. Some have more knowledge about general building than others. We all earn loads of money.....you all fools.

Wait for the slump to come which it will soon and one trade which does bad in a slump is plastering.
And Sarnie making.

Jeez Steve it was a joke.....left over Billy bunk = Mayonaise..............waste not want not etc etc.

Reminds me of my dad, he’s retired now and always looking for stuff to do. He’ll get up in morning, have a coffee and then look for the next job he’s doing much to the annoyance of my mum. He’ll have a go at everything and while the end results are never great he really enjoys doing it. That’s why when I see posts saying just pay a plasterer it annoys me as folk like to potter around there house on days of doing random little jobs, it’s harming no one.

Last edited:
Reminds me of my dad, he’s retired now and always looking for stuff to do. He’ll get up in morning, have a coffee and then look for the next job he’s doing much to the annoyance of my mum. He’ll have a go at everything and while the end results are never great he really enjoys doing it. That’s why when I see posts saying just pay a plasterer it annoys me as folk like to potter around there house on days of doing random little jobs, it’s harming no one.
Mate that’s fair enough! People can do want they like in their own homes, It’s no business of mine. Lol
The thing is Plastering can be f**k*d up easy by a novice though, I’ve seen it loads of times and it’s not even a massive job for someone?