Blade cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arti

I normally use wire wool to clean my blade just wondered if anyone had a better/eaiser way

Feck sake Marra, why you carryin a blade about with you, no wonder knife crime is on the rise, bin the blade:-0

i keep thinking your fatleg lol its confusing when you are talking to him :RpS_confused:
is that you on the left 0.13 ?

Last edited by a moderator:
not after a day or so but they were at first lol when you first changed it i thought fatleg had been on the ale and was talking to his self :RpS_lol:

Howay the fewkin lads marra, Think Ian has been on the newky brown all weekend and he's seein double..........:RpS_thumbup:

Last edited:
I just soak trowel in brick acid using a tilers grout bucket.Leave for approx 2 hours then simply wash with water.
Been doing mine for about 7 years this way.used on numerous trowels with no damage EVER

surely im not the only one here who keeps gear clean all the time. i clean everything after its used. never had a cruddy trowel yet. Even my gorilla tubs are spotless. have to keep them clean though for summer when having a do at ours all the beer and ice go in them and left on the decking

I never find cleaning plaster off my trowel to be a problem, but browning, bonding and plasterboard adhesive can be a bit of a pain.
but if you do happen to have plaster or any of the other things I just mentioned set on your trowel, soaking in hot water will get rid of it.
if all else fails, I do something I witnessed brickies doing when I first started laboring at 16.
they would use a small flat triangle shaped piece of stone that had been worn smooth on all sides and edges, dip their trowel in a bucket of water, then stick it in sand and use the stone to rub over the whole trowel. I have never had to do so as I get a bit obsessed with cleaning my trowels, but they swore by it and it works a treat.

just wash trowel off after each stage.... brick acid..wtf... rinse with clean water end of day.. sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.