Bits in your multi-finish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usainskim

Has anyone noticed recently that there bags of multi finish is full of little hard bits and is going off a lot quicker than normal. This is happening to me on site aswell where the gear is a fresh batch .

Mines felt like its picked up quick but hung around for the final trowel , didn't know if it was just the walls a was working on

we opened about 12 bags the other day and put them to one side they were full of lumps most had a large lump in the very top of the bag proberly about 4 inches in diameter, but once we found a good bag the gear was mustard, so faack knows

ive been fresh pallets of boarded finish for the last 2 months and they have been awful little lumps in nearly every bag, its driving me insane

this happened in about 2005,, little black bits in the multi finish,,they found that some part was breaking down in the plant and stopped all process,,our local merchants were restricting sale to only 3 bags a day or 5 if you were soley a plasterer,,and the prices were stupid,, dont know if anyone remembers this,,im in south wales,,

we now know that BG keep an eye on the forum so I wonder if it would be possible for a rep from them to spend a few hours on line and listen to and answer spreads questions regarding lumps in finish. causes of tiger striping etc.

this happened in about 2005,, little black bits in the multi finish,,they found that some part was breaking down in the plant and stopped all process,,our local merchants were restricting sale to only 3 bags a day or 5 if you were soley a plasterer,,and the prices were stupid,, dont know if anyone remembers this,,im in south wales,,
Same in London, we had to run around everywhere to get multi, they would only sell five per customer, had to bring five people up from the pub and load them into my van..

Was that not when they swapped from the old plant to the new one but, had not made sure the new one worked properly so there was a shortage of plaster wickes were importing french plaster if i remember rightly1 it was white and said on the bag did not need to be polished ! customers liked the colour and one even left it the bare plaster as a feature wall :huh:

forget me last post i'm miles out with the timings and yes i'm always 1 year out on pop master aswell :RpS_lol:

I remember. my local merchant had a load of plaster from france (white stuff) instead. Cant beat gypsum

Recently I've been finding little black lumps of grit in the multi in the odd few bags feel like little bits of metal or very hard stone no more than 1 or 2 mm but annoying just the same i have worked on sites 5 days a week for the last 7 years if your finding big lumps of hard plaster especially at the top of the bags the pallet has probably been left uncovered and got wet or the pallet is sitting in a puddle and has soaked the water through the wood then into the bags I've had this happen a couple of times i was made to use bit bags for so long ended up getting me a big ass sieve that sits on top of the mix bucket from america a bit like one of those things you use to pan for gold :)

we worked for a builder once if we said there was lumps in the skim he use to say crush them with ur trowel not much sympatey there

I've had a couple of bags with small bits of grit in it, looks like tiny bits of limestone. The gear aint setting any quicker which is a good job as im spending most of my time picking fkin stones outta my sets. Mine were from bristol

Status
Not open for further replies.