Bitch looking for a pimp! take 2

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale w

Sorry to disappoint all you guys with the title, but i had to get your attention some how!

I am looking for someone who is after a labour / apprentice /general dog’s body, who can also teach me the tricks of the trade. I attended Barking & Dagenham college (Essex) 12 months ago and passed out with a city and guilds level 2 (2 yrs training) in plastering. I also have a current cscs card in plastering.

Although my instructors kept telling me I’m good enough to go out and find work, I believe that I still have a lot more to learn before I can call myself a plasterer. I’m over critical when it comes to my own work and abilities, I won’t bash a job out, grab the cash and run! I always take pride in whatever I do, and do it to the very best of my ability,
At 41 I’m hardly a kid, but I’m a long way off from being a miserable old git, in fact give me a can of red bull and a radio and will bounce around all day.
I’ve been working as a labour for the past 6 months doing 10hrs a day, so I’m reasonably fit, well I’ve been running circles round lads half my age so I can’t be in that bad condition?
Sadly work has now dried up, and I’ve been laid off.

So what am I looking for, well someone who is willing to teach me and show me the ropes, and in return I’m more than happy to do all the donkey work, knocking up, cleaning, making the tea, frankly I don’t give a monkeys, whatever you want I will do it, and do it with a smile on my face! If you want me to wear a gimp mask at work then that’s ok by me! (Wont be the first time)

I’m not expecting to be paid much; I do live in the real world. Experience working with a good plasterer is worth all the money in the world to me right now.

Advantages in taking me on have to be, I’m reliable, dependable, very loyal, and work dam hard, I know how to knock up, know which end of a broom to hold, plus I use both hands when using it, I don’t go out getting rat arsed in the evening so that I’m too hung over to work the next day, and I don’t spend all day texting on my mobile!

So do any of you fine, hard working guys have an opportunity out there for me? You won’t regret it, that I can promise should you give me the opportunity.

Or do I put on my best Polish accent call myself a master plasterer and work for £20 a day?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated guys!

Thanks Dale

Good post Dale and I hope you find work.

where are you based, do you have transport and how far are you willing to travel.

Answer these questions and you'll give the lads more to work on.

Good Luck

rich

Finally, someone put some thought into their post rather than 'i worked with my uncle ian who knows a plasterer, he told me i could be a plasterer, giz a job?'

good luck mate, its not easy to get into, especially with someone who knows what they are doing.

cheers chaps

well i live in Dagenham, Essex for my sins! i do have transport (car atm) but do also live near to the local underground station, so can get around anywhere in London / Essex / kent area. How far am i willing to travel? i'm honestly open to anything within reason. i hope thats not to vague but beggars cant be to choosy in this day and age!

same hear been through 4 labours on site none ov them wanted 2 learn the trade keep tryin some one will take u under there wing dont give up:RpS_thumbsup:

Thanks chaps for all ya support so far its appreciate.

I Just wanted to add, if someone was to give me a chance to prove my worth, please don't think i'm just going to learn what i can from you, then do a bunk and feck ya off, because i won't! As i mentioned i'm loyal and I know what its like to be used when your gone out your way to give someone a brake, and all you get is shat on from a great height in return! So i want to reassure everyone that won't happen where i'm concerned.

Thanks again.

Just wanted to say thank you to Duncan aka luckylad who has given me a few days work lately, its been very much appreciated.

However, sadly Duncan can't offer me any other work atm, so if anyone else has anything or needs a labour please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.