Bin it or give it a go!

Members online

hail hail

Private Member
I'm sure yous can all remember few months back I got 2 free bags of magnetic plaster from gypsum. Was well chuffed with this and was going to try and drum up new business plastering with it, do a video etc.. .

Well turns out, few months has gone by and haven't had the chance to throw it on. Been flat out with work and now there's only 2 weeks left on the date of bag. Not only that, there's a very small hole in one bag!

Now I'm sitting here thinking should I do it after work some day this week or just leave it incase tge stuff goes off very quickly because of this hole.

A man of your calibre will be OK using it. I'm guessing it's the sort of thing you'd only stick on one wall anyway.

I'm sure yous can all remember few months back I got 2 free bags of magnetic plaster from gypsum. Was well chuffed with this and was going to try and drum up new business plastering with it, do a video etc.. .

Well turns out, few months has gone by and haven't had the chance to throw it on. Been flat out with work and now there's only 2 weeks left on the date of bag. Not only that, there's a very small hole in one bag!

Now I'm sitting here thinking should I do it after work some day this week or just leave it incase tge stuff goes off very quickly because of this hole.

If in doubt do a wall or two in your own house...you can still do the video and if it fucks up you can sort it with no drama

Its sh#te stuff anyhow, we did a test wall a couple of years back with the rep video recording us an asking questions throughout the set, next day we went in an tried a magnet on it an it slid straight down the wall haha

Its sh#te stuff anyhow, we did a test wall a couple of years back with the rep video recording us an asking questions throughout the set, next day we went in an tried a magnet on it an it slid straight down the wall haha
You put it on to thin you mong...seen loads of magnetic and everyone worked...maybe look at yourself not the gear.

Was sat at petes house the other day and he had. Pictures and all sorts hanging up

Either magnet was cheap low strength or material wasn't thick enough.

You'll be fine out of date it won't dry quicker .. Defiantly 2 coat though you can't get a good finish with out of date magnetic by onecoating let first coat firm up and lay in ..finish as normal

The bags are full of holes as that's the way they fill them :)

It should be fine :) it's good gear :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Needs to go on quite thick and have decent magnets :) we have a whole picture wall in our lounge and you can tell the cheap magnets to the the better ones :)

A man of your calibre will be OK using it. I'm guessing it's the sort of thing you'd only stick on one wall anyway.

Yeah going to throw it on one wall in the guest room in my own house. I'm turning this into an office and was hoping one wall to be magnetic.

You'll be fine out of date it won't dry quicker .. Defiantly 2 coat though you can't get a good finish with out of date magnetic by onecoating let first coat firm up and lay in ..finish as normal

There's enough for 2 thick coats. I've 2 bags for an 8 sq meters wall. Was going to do it last week but the miserable f**k*r in me is waiting to use the thistlebond that I'll be using next week on a job so can take left overs home for my wall. Will defo have to get it done soon enough before it ends up a year out of date the way work is now. 4 jobs on now and priced another 2 so if o get them, that'll be me booked out until xmass or Feb so need to get the finger out and get this on the wall.

Yeah going to throw it on one wall in the guest room in my own house. I'm turning this into an office and was hoping one wall to be magnetic.

There's enough for 2 thick coats. I've 2 bags for an 8 sq meters wall. Was going to do it last week but the miserable f**k*r in me is waiting to use the thistlebond that I'll be using next week on a job so can take left overs home for my wall. Will defo have to get it done soon enough before it ends up a year out of date the way work is now. 4 jobs on now and priced another 2 so if o get them, that'll be me booked out until xmass or Feb so need to get the finger out and get this on the wall.
£180 worth of gear sent to you and also the first person to have it in Ireland I would be quite motivated to get the 3hours mix on the wall and done.. Failing that why not pass it on to @theclemo rather than bin it I sure he would happily take it off you and use it.

Who's the go to guy then on magnetic? Vince or flynny? Arti is better than them both mind..
We can all be magnetic .. The more people the better.. See it being used on more new build development's now , would rather refurb guys were getting the work rather than the m2 eater's.. All they will do is battle for who can do it the cheapest

Is that wat it is £90 a bag? Wow..u get many people asking for it Vince?
Over the year the odd few pop up .. Did these last week
WP_20160801_15_11_14_Pro.jpg
WP_20160801_13_12_49_Pro.jpg

£180 worth of gear sent to you and also the first person to have it in Ireland I would be quite motivated to get the 3hours mix on the wall and done.. Failing that why not pass it on to @theclemo rather than bin it I sure he would happily take it off you and use it.

Suppose your right, ill have to get the finger out and get it on the wall.

I wonder if bg will send me a bag in wanting to do the current spare room ready for the new baby in February.

I think some magno plaster on one wall would be good

Wat u mean Vince cheaper? Do u think m2 eaters do domestic on m2 rate lol?
I meant the more domestic like arti,Flynnyman ,beerbeef and others that showcase it and get jobs from it can name there price or set the price of doing it on refurb..when the new build's have or other it off plan as a option in a home it's the house bashers doing it not us lot.. Without the spreads pushing it the public won't know they can do it.
Can't see the site guys charging much more than normal skimming rates to do on new build

Why wouldn't you if the price is right?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I dnt price domestic on m2 rate..i price it on how much is the house in in worth followed by wat car Is in drive followed by wat Job the customer has followed by if I think there a cock or not then finally if I van be arsed doing it

I dnt price domestic on m2 rate..i price it on how much is the house in in worth followed by wat car Is in drive followed by wat Job the customer has followed by if I think there a cock or not then finally if I van be arsed doing it
Lol... I think most do that whether they admit it or not is another thing

Standard for me Dan end of day say there's a nice car on drive and there have a nice expensive house is it ok for the husband to sit in a office charging x amount to fill forms out or whatever there mite do..so its ok for me to ramp the price up to the circumstances of the job..once did a insurance patch ceiling job in harragate house was easy £400,000-£500,000 so I charged about £320 I think it was..took me 5 hours

I don't

Standard for me Dan end of day say there's a nice car on drive and there have a nice expensive house is it ok for the husband to sit in a office charging x amount to fill forms out or whatever there mite do..so its ok for me to ramp the price up to the circumstances of the job..once did a insurance patch ceiling job in harragate house was easy £400,000-£500,000 so I charged about £320 I think it was..took me 5 hours
Insurance job always double of the double

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mainly do site work so when I'm pricing a domestic job always way over price it if I get it it's a bonus and if I don't it makes the domestic lads look like a bargain everyone's a winner except the customer