Bill of Quantities

Status
Not open for further replies.

irish_spread

Private Member
Got a call today from a contracts manager in Norn Ireland that I'd done some work for years ago here in London ( ??? WTF, can't remember) asking for a tender on external rendering to 51 new build garages in East London.

Anyways, each of the garages came with a 150+ page PDF which I couldn't be arsed reading but I did notice one of their terms was, paraphrasing

" you must take out £5m liability insurance prior to commencing the project and commit to keep paying it for 12 yrs plus the cost of inflation on the said £5m "

Is this the worse T+C's yet or am I in domestic heaven ?

i am willing to sell on this job for ten northern irish poinds

Ed, i only would only do that type of work if your going to earn a good few quid out of that job ? They will screw you down and want everything there way , and when you start nothing will be ready ,access will be bad the gear wont be anywhere near where you need it , and when you complain they will say "it is what it is mate " times ive heard that from contract managers :rolleyes) .

Yep, no chance I'd even think about it. Got follow up e mail today saying its K rend, 30 timber frame, 21 standard.
12 yrs liability FFS. :RpS_laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.