Biggish ceiling

Where do you boys live to be finding these 30m2 plus ceilings? I rarely come across anything bigger than 4 X 4. Although I did do a monster 4.5 X 4.5 the other week

We work anywhere from Avon to Dorset mate. House bashing is not something I participate in anymore. Just find reputable builders and private clients with money. Generally you do a few nice jobs and their friends all que up for more !

Size makes a big difference to how much you can lay on, Im a short arse so no matter what hop up I use Im either slightly too tall and bending my neck or too short and over stretched! 2.2m ceiling is perfect height for me!

Just get it on, when your standing waiting to give it a final rub, you'll be wondering what you where stressed about, you'll feel proud about yourself and look back some day laughing that you where even worried about a 3 bag lift, good luck.

It's true. People bang on about quality blah blah. I tacked and set a 40sqm lid in a day last week with no lab... And i don't consider myself to be the nuts or soecifically quick, hell 2 of my subbies make me look like a right slouch.

When I was learning my boss always told me until you can knock up and chuck a 30 sqm lid on by yourself you're not fit to be called a plasterer. He was the best tradesmen I've ever seen and taught me all I know so I trust his judgement !!! its only 3 bags and it's boarded out. Can of man the f up needed

I agree. I make your old boss right mate.

Most of us who work together agree, that if , in your prime , you should be bunging on a 4 bag hit on your own -no lab. Lids or walls.

Then your worth your salt.

I've just gone back on site after a long stint doing. Domestic. I'm in my van at moment and my necks killing me,split the ceiling in half with a length of fibre tape. Run it down the wall a bit so you've got something to pull. Skim just over tape. Get half so your happy with it pull tape off then put the other side on. Personally with a labourer I'd put it all on