Big Sam

Members online

1971/1975, the goalkeeper was well known for his jokes with opposition fans, a very good goalie, but cant remember his name,

the goalie was shakey Sprakie.
Colchester beat leeds 3 2 at layer road. Colchester in the 4th ,leeds top of the 1st. the best game of football i have ever seen about 1971.

the goalie was shakey Sprakie.
Colchester beat leeds 3 2 at layer road. Colchester in the 4th ,leeds top of the 1st. the best game of football i have ever seen about 1971.
sorry malc , on this very very rare occasion i think you are wrong, gary sprake played for leeds, as there goalkeeper, and colchester did beat them 3/2 , i remember it well, big big shock at the time,
but the west brom goalie was called tony ,,,,,, i cant remember his name ,but well known for his jokes with opposing fans

sorry malc , on this very very rare occasion i think you are wrong, gary sprake played for leeds, as there goalkeeper, and colchester did beat them 3/2 , i remember it well, big big shock at the time,
but the west brom goalie was called tony ,,,,,, i cant remember his name ,but well known for his jokes with opposing fans

i am going to guess, Tony Goddon. i miss read i thought that you were talking about Leeds.

@owls
Well well well mr Pulis has got the boot I wonder what hes Been caught doing the slimy cuunt
Wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up at sheff Utd now

@owls
Well well well mr Pulis has got the boot I wonder what hes Been caught doing the slimy cuunt
Wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up at sheff Utd now
I think something’s gone on behind the scenes ie there’s strong rumours the chairman wouldn’t back him in the transfer market next month etc.
We’re just being run into the ground at the moment, players not being paid etc can’t see what the chairman’s end game is, he’s a seriously wealthy man.
Wilder is as safe as houses regardless what happens this season, and so he should be, what he done with them last few years remarkable.
I think big Sam will keep you up, not really through good football as I think West Brom are a bang average outfit, but it’s the poorest quality for a long time at the bottom, Sheffield Utd, Fulham and Brighton are dross. Burnley safe as houses, they’ve been there so many times and play a certain way, with mee and tarkawski at centre half, Pope in nets, goals from woods and Barnes will see them mid table.
There’s ususlly a team that falls away and gets dragged into it, I can see it being Newcastle this years, Wilson’s goals won’t be enough, and the lack of service he gets.
Although a pal of mine, who pretty much gambles for a living thinks palace will go down and he’s put strong money on it, and he rarely touches football as he says there’s too many variables.

Last edited:
Told u wba lot your going down hahaha just because big fat Sam comes in dsnt mean your staying up hes a dinosaur.hrs implemented long throws ffs the game has moved on

I think something’s gone on behind the scenes ie there’s strong rumours the chairman wouldn’t back him in the transfer market next month etc.
We’re just being run into the ground at the moment, players not being paid etc can’t see what the chairman’s end game is, he’s a seriously wealthy man.
Wilder is as safe as houses regardless what happens this season, and so he should be, what he done with them last few years remarkable.
I think big Sam will keep you up, not really through good football as I think West Brom are a bang average outfit, but it’s the poorest quality for a long time at the bottom, Sheffield Utd, Fulham and Brighton are dross. Burnley safe as houses, they’ve been there so many times and play a certain way, with mee and tarkawski at centre half, Pope in nets, goals from woods and Barnes will see them mid table.
There’s ususlly a team that falls away and gets dragged into it, I can see it being Newcastle this years, Wilson’s goals won’t be enough, and the lack of service he gets.
Although a pal of mine, who pretty much gambles for a living thinks palace will go down and he’s put strong money on it, and he rarely touches football as he says there’s too many variables.
Palace going dwn is a good shout there s**t

Palace going dwn is a good shout there s**t
If they loose zaha next month there shagged as everything creative seems to come via him.
There a strange team to watch, some games look good, other games devoid of ideas and conceding for fun.

Told u wba lot your going down hahaha just because big fat Sam comes in dsnt mean your staying up hes a dinosaur.hrs implemented long throws ffs the game has moved on

big Sam guarantees safety. Take a look at his record and then when he has left a club they get relegated, West Ham the exception

If they loose zaha next month there shagged as everything creative seems to come via him.
There a strange team to watch, some games look good, other games devoid of ideas and conceding for fun.

Eze and Schlupp are tidy up top though.

Cahills wank. Like a f**k**g sieve.

Eze and Schlupp are tidy up top though.

Cahills wank. Like a f**k**g sieve.
Van aanholt, Townsend, decent keeper in butland, there's a bit of quality there but where are the goals going to come from ? Ayew and benteke... there a bang average prem team really.

Van aanholt, Townsend, decent keeper in butland, there's a bit of quality there but where are the goals going to come from ? Ayew and benteke... there a bang average prem team really.

Benteke has flopped big time
I backed him for golden boot when he signed for Liverpool, he was a force (mainly in the air).
Van aanholt is classy, Townsend - too inconsistent. When he has a point to prove or contracts up or against an old club he's OK. Other than that a waste.

Well we will know in a few months but your going down! Should of kept bilic.

im not a baggies fan, I like the old school of management, more neil warnock than big Sam though, they seem to get more out of average players

im not a baggies fan, I like the old school of management, more neil warnock than big Sam though, they seem to get more out of average players
I truly think they are down.he dsnt want to know he was banging on last night saying there should be a 2 week shut down with covid saying he was petrified of catching it because of his age.purely gone there 4 last pay cheque

burnley for me are going down ageing, small squad, only one way of playing,
sheff utd definate going down, wilder will be out, he has done very well ,but opposition sides have sussed out there formations /how they play, big gulf in class once you get in the premier league
sheff wed where do i start, the entire club needs some very serious investment put into it, and a complete overall of everything,........players/staff/training ground/ the ground itself looks tired,seen better days, need to invest in more private boxes, get some money coming in, new chairman and board, appoint a new manager/and new staff, fresh ideas, fresh start, but at least 3 year programme of rebuilding
new chairman should oversee all this, and say what is done is done,its in the past forget it,
new start new fresh start starts today with new board,new manager
but maybe i am jumping a page ahead
as for crystal palace they will definately stop up and so will fulham, being london clubs attract better quality players

burnley for me are going down ageing, small squad, only one way of playing,
sheff utd definate going down, wilder will be out, he has done very well ,but opposition sides have sussed out there formations /how they play, big gulf in class once you get in the premier league
sheff wed where do i start, the entire club needs some very serious investment put into it, and a complete overall of everything,........players/staff/training ground/ the ground itself looks tired,seen better days, need to invest in more private boxes, get some money coming in, new chairman and board, appoint a new manager/and new staff, fresh ideas, fresh start, but at least 3 year programme of rebuilding
new chairman should oversee all this, and say what is done is done,its in the past forget it,
new start new fresh start starts today with new board,new manager
but maybe i am jumping a page ahead
as for crystal palace they will definately stop up and so will fulham, being london clubs attract better quality players
Burnley safe as houses, same every season, same results, they have an effective way of playing, leaving aside there are at least 3 worse teams in the league.
We’ve had serious investment, chansiri cleared all our debts in one swoop, but it’s just been misspent, we’ve one of the highest wage bills in the league. Average players on mental contracts, Rhodes on 30 grand a week, no where near the team, Westwood 35 grand a week no where near team, see where I’m going with it. We’ve no ceo, skeleton directors, the owner does it like his own play thing and it’s neive. I’m old school I think it’s heavy Investment in youth ie accademy is the way forward, we arnt bringing any youngsters through.

Wilder will be still there next season, he’s earnt another crack at it, considering what’s he done on a shoestring budget, bringing them up through the leagues.

Wilder will be still there next season, he’s earnt another crack at it, considering what’s he done on a shoestring budget, bringing them up through the leagues.
well i could not agree more with you owls, wilder does deserve another crack at it quite right, problem is its all about money nowadays,

Big club, not now glory days gone.
Peter ? Cart horse too old, need new stadium.
Fans don't make enough noise, even more since not allowed in.
Don will get the chop before Easter.
Not my cup of tea long ball merchant. Seen better on a sunday morning on six pitches.
Referees a w**k*r, come on you greens!

Well after watching that shower of shite last night I can honestly say I’ve got no faith in us staying up at all, let’s see how we get on a week on Saturday against them stinking dingles I’m gonna predict another 4-0

Well after watching that shower of shite last night I can honestly say I’ve got no faith in us staying up at all, let’s see how we get on a week on Saturday against them stinking dingles I’m gonna predict another 4-0
Hey Leeds your last game of the season so better hope it's not down to last few points when we get to that stage:risas2:

Exactly as I said, Burnley will stay up by a country mile.
And Wilder has gone through politics not for footballing reasons.