Big hit Friday

Members online

Colin 879

One monster hit today boys :p
A30F1D2F-7DE3-4F54-B9D1-F7241DC2B2E4.jpeg

My dads called Rodney, I asked him why he was called that - he said, his mum had told him “We looked out of the lounge window and the street opposite was Rodney Street”
However, he was always known as ‘Rod the Prod’ :)
Edinburgh?

Firm I served my time with worked all over Edinburgh, I'm sure we had a job in rodney street so it rung a bell.
Good memory mate, not many unfortunate streets called Rodney! When I lived there I actually viewed my dads old flat when it was for sale, £1/2 mill for a flat :)

New Town very expensive - I rented a basement flat opposite the ‘Wally dug” bar Northumberland Street. I had two boxers at the time and there was a garden for them...all my neighbours were Lawyers and Bankers :)

Good memory mate, not many unfortunate streets called Rodney! When I lived there I actually viewed my dads old flat when it was for sale, £1/2 mill for a flat :)
We did a lot of jobs for Edinburgh city council, mostly renovating the old close's. We did a lot of jobs round warrender park road, some of the top flats were over two floors lovely properties, god knows what they would cost now.
Also did jobs down in stockbridge, remember there was a really good pawn shop at the corner of st Stephens street. It was really good quality given the area so you'd get top quality musical instruments, that was the 80's so god knows if it's still there.

We did a lot of jobs for Edinburgh city council, mostly renovating the old close's. We did a lot of jobs round warrender park road, some of the top flats were over two floors lovely properties, god knows what they would cost now.
Also did jobs down in stockbridge, remember there was a really good pawn shop at the corner of st Stephens street. It was really good quality given the area so you'd get top quality musical instruments, that was the 80's so god knows if it's still there.
St Stephens street used to have a great Chinese - it was basically like someone’s front room. The Bailie was a pub we used to go to after work - when pubs still had smoking, you went down a few steps at the entrance...proper bar :)

I worked for Martin Miller Plastering about 1999 - he drove a red Porsche back then. Good bloke, paid good price :)

St Stephens street used to have a great Chinese - it was basically like someone’s front room. The Bailie was a pub we used to go to after work - when pubs still had smoking, you went down a few steps at the entrance...proper bar :)
Some great flats at the end of st Stephens st, we did one with big slate floors in the flat all original god knows what the ceilings in the flat below were like. We also had a job over in leslie place, really liked stockbridge.

I got a job working for a rendering company, well roughcasters, didn’t realize it involved slating roofs, seems the trade goes hand in hand. Shat myself when they sent me up a slate roof In Jan, ice and blowing a gail...:)

Ha ha, I was in that Chinese restaurant last year, its called Karen's Unicorn it was the strangest experience ever, it literally is someone's livingroom and the kitchen is behind a big curtain, cracking food though could barely make it back up the hill to the pub.
I used to live in Stockbridge in 2005 on Henderson Row opposite the school, loved it there. Good memories