BG Spray Finish

It fucks the gun. Think of the thin build up on your trowel being inside the 2mm air holes. Also builds up in side the bend on the spray gun pipe.

Both BG spray and Knauf mp seem not to do this.

Why would u want to spray multi anyway? It's shite and goes off to quick to make it worth spraying????

Go for it if you want to be limited to smaller hit but that kinda makes a machine pointless

yeah i know the others dont seem to stick, but youve just got to clean it properly, no different to spraying hardwall. when iv sprayed multi we always do it in 2 passes. a light mist over a flattened first and its pretty good imo. i dont mind mp and spray finish but as soon as theres tapered boards its a pain in the arse. i dont think the multi sets much quicker than the spray finish either, iv had the spray finish and mp set stupid quick and peel before and its a lot harder to sort out than multi.

but either way, back to my point, i dont think bg dont recommend multi because of your gun getting dirty. i dont believe the whole sheeting off thing

Think the whole shelling thing was in the early days, I first sprayed finish about 4-5 years ago and to be honest the training and our lack of experience with machines meant we got it totally wrong and I wouldn't be surprised if some of that failed. But days are different now. I've sprayed pallets of it for the kind of companies that would definitely call me if it failed, iv had no complaints. Bg have completely failed in convincing me to order a whole pallet of it. If they can't b arsed then why should I? They should just mod the multi to spray and hand app

Well we've got good terms with Travis but just been quoted £6.28 a bag with a SEVENTEEN day lead time.
That'll be the last time I enquire about the product.
This is the product that persuaded me to buy the Ritmo after all the spiel from BG. @Runswithscissors maybe time to have a look at your lots finish.

alright Andy Penlaws are offering it to me cheaper than Travis. £5.86 a bag I think and also there turn around time is a bit quicker.

you should try jewson, they offered it to me for the same price as multi, maybe they can do it because there owned by saint goban? they own bg dont they?

you should try jewson, they offered it to me for the same price as multi, maybe they can do it because there owned by saint goban? they own bg dont they?
I believe they are owned by bg or whatever. I'll give them a try tomorrow thanks

alright Andy Penlaws are offering it to me cheaper than Travis. £5.86 a bag I think and also there turn around time is a bit quicker.

Cheers mate had Penlaws on the phone again today trying to get me over to them.
The seventeen day lead time was from BG not Travis.

I've got some Knauf MP Finish coming out to trial thanks to @Runswithscissors and Quinns so we'll see what that's like. Penlaws have said they'll start to stock the MP if we're going to use it, that way we won't have to take it by the full palletfull like the BG gear.

Last edited by a moderator:

I've got some Knauf MP Finish coming out to trial thanks to @Runswithscissors and Quinns so we'll see what that's like. Penlaws have said they'll start to stock the MP if we're going to use it, that way we won't have to take it by the full palletfull like the BG gear.

It's pretty crap having to buy it by the pallet load isn't it, I'd be interested to Here what you think of the mp finish as that will be the next one I will try.
luckily I'm using my free pallet from bg at the mo and ordered a fresh one from Penlaws.
im impressed with how far the stuff goes though I know it's dearer than multi but it does go a lot further

Mp is much the same a bg spray finish we use it a lot because of the shite lead tines from BG. Plus I think knauf are a much more customer friendly company.

Get 10 bags on trial so you can do a decent size hit. It takes more water the BG spray finish speed 10 water running at just under 100

Mp is much the same a bg spray finish we use it a lot because of the shite lead tines from BG. Plus I think knauf are a much more customer friendly company.

Get 10 bags on trial so you can do a decent size hit. It takes more water the BG spray finish speed 10 water running at just under 100

Who do I have to butter up:RpS_wink:

Who do I have to butter up:RpS_wink:

Hi DJT

You don't say where you are based..... but get in touch with youyr local Penlaws and get the local Knauf contact to give you a ring!

Or - contact Knauf on 01795424499 and ask for Clive Reeves and say you have his details from The Plasterers Forum and want to discuss MP Finish, MP75 and ready mix products....

Any problems, contact me (details on my profile) and I will try to help out....

Good Luck

Hi Andy

Good to hear that you are being sorted out with MP Finish via Penlaws - don;t struggle alone, if you want help with its use (all details are on the bag!), give Knauf Office a call and ask for either Clive Reeves or one of our Technical Instructors. Obviously, there are also lots of regular users on here....

Good Luck

give me a call when your looking at the Aquapanel Exterior work as well...... Penlaws will sort ths as well - they are also a Parex render stockist.

All the best

Richard Lord

@currier Can you give us all a step by step guide on your system. It will be interesting. Stick a new thread up so if anyone got any tips or variation on your system all the info will be on one thread. Cheers

with sheffins up my way i had a deal with knauf and them that theyd get a pallet in at a time, but i just paid by the bag. i could easily use a pallet every 3 months or so whatever the use by date was and if it ever went over, the gear sets slower not quicker like bg stuff.

Hi DJT

You don't say where you are based..... but get in touch with youyr local Penlaws and get the local Knauf contact to give you a ring!

Or - contact Knauf on 01795424499 and ask for Clive Reeves and say you have his details from The Plasterers Forum and want to discuss MP Finish, MP75 and ready mix products....

Any problems, contact me (details on my profile) and I will try to help out....

Good Luck

Hi thanks I'm based in Essex I must update my profile, I will give Clive a call thanks very much

Nice one..... If your in Essex - get in touch with Penlaw as well....... make the pallet sell quicker with Andy....

Just a thought.............

J*Ace - get your MP Finish from Penlaw! @jrplastering

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we've got good terms with Travis but just been quoted £6.28 a bag with a SEVENTEEN day lead time.
That'll be the last time I enquire about the product.
This is the product that persuaded me to buy the Ritmo after all the spiel from BG. @Runswithscissors maybe time to have a look at your lots finish.

The BG posterboy has seen this thread now and he'll be on the BG Bat Phone getting this issue squared away....................ship ahoy andy..............ship ahoy brother