Bg boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

user__removed

Private Member
Is it me or is anyone else finding the quality of bg's boards poor? To me they are really crumbly and soft, swapped to lafarge and they were great, cut clean and nice solid feel. Also had a load of bg fireline that were not machined square what a pain in the ass they were.

could it not of been the merchants been storing them somewhere damp? cos it aint exactly been warm lately either!

The merchant I use stocks knauf boards. I had some bg boards from jewson the other day and they were flexible as fcuk compared to the knauf boards. I prefer the knauf boards.

The merchant I use stocks knauf boards. I had some bg boards from jewson the other day and they were flexible as fcuk compared to the knauf boards. I prefer the knauf boards.

that will be done to jewsons mate, customer supplied me with gear from them once and the skim was taking 30 mins a set longer than it should...

There is no consistency to the materials we use. They change with storage and transport, I remember a dryliner from Brigham who had 10 lads boarding day in day out. He would change from BG to knauf on a regular basis.

that will be done to jewsons mate, customer supplied me with gear from them once and the skim was taking 30 mins a set longer than it should...

Yesterday I was on a job where the trackers had a few sheets left over which I needed to move out the way. Bg boards again flexi as anything 12.mm ones too not 9mm.

this is bang on mate!!!!......knauf boards at 9.5mm hold there shape and feel solid bg at 9.5mm have no strength at all!!!

BG boards have always been soft and crumbly, or put another way they're carp, hated using them then and now, knauf and lafarge have always been far better to use, BG are more expensive for some reason, and its not because they're better boards

BG boards have always been soft and crumbly, or put another way they're carp, hated using them then and now, knauf and lafarge have always been far better to use

Soft and crumbly is great, when if like me your following a pair of dog rough board rats , who think its perfectly acceptable to leave all reveals and external angles hanging over a couple of inches, for me to hack off to get my beads on grr.
That said the decent boarders I know all seem to prefer knauf over Bg especially there adhesive.

Have you noticed difference between knauf and BG when skimming multi regarding to suction ?

I haven't noticed any major difference in suction between board manufacturers, my sets all go on and finish the same.
I think its more to do with the atmospheric conditions there plastered in heat, humidity, wind and of course the condition of the boards if there damp or been bleached by the sun all have an impact on setting times.

Status
Not open for further replies.