bg added a 2nd video on there website regarding crazing using unifinish!!! hahaha

Staff online

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie

Private Member
Just been on bg website and looks like theve added a 2nd video showing a crazed wall after the first coat using unifinish and advising that its perfectly fine and that it wont even scrape off with a scraper etc.

Think there getting desperate to prove the doubters wrong hahaha

So are we running a book on when it gets discontinued!!!!...???

Im guessing October at latest!!!!....what you recon???

Ive still not seen it in any merchants or bqs, wickes, etc dont know about anyone else???

zombie:rolleyes):rolleyes):rolleyes)

I'm re skimming a job in Chelsea where the first two corridors where uni finished and it cracked and fell off two whole blocks of flats. Bg are paying for thistle bond it and multi now. Blaming it on the old artex that it could have nicotine and other chemicals on it. Don't think uni finish will take off.

when I spoke of it in travis the other day asking was it selling , they said it will take a while for it to take off, I said it looks like plasterers do no like it, they think its not fit for purpose, travis said its been tested to within an inch of its life....Not tested enough apparently ....

I'm re skimming a job in Chelsea where the first two corridors where uni finished and it cracked and fell off two whole blocks of flats. Bg are paying for thistle bond it and multi now. Blaming it on the old artex that it could have nicotine and other chemicals on it. Don't think uni finish will take off.
so its creating work...

hahahaha and still bg stay quiet on here come on we know your watching what have you got to say for yourselves...............nothing is my guess same as usual.
dan can you not have a word with them and say that they actually need to converse with us especially with this unifinish crap

hahahaha and still bg stay quiet on here come on we know your watching what have you got to say for yourselves...............nothing is my guess same as usual.
dan can you not have a word with them and say that they actually need to converse with us especially with this unifinish crap
I was really keen when it came out, glad I never bought it, thought it would of been great for privates, less mess on skirtings, alas its become the Emperors new clothes

New uni finish. Even when you're wall is ****** all you need to do is finish as usual then simply wait for the callback lol

thats what i realy realy cant understand johniosaif surely to god youd think that they would have had several gangs using it constantly over all imiginable substrates and more importantly going back to check it in 12months time etc before putting it to market.

Is it just me or it almost seems like theve come up with concept thrown some chemicals in a bag tried it on a few areas at best at bg and then basicaly using us the contractors and customers as the guini pigs.

I mean why would you even be able to claim a free bag back if unsattisfied etc as per there website if there confident in there own product.

Its a real real shame though as it would have been great not having to pva would have been 1 less thing to do now that every plasterer is hs own labourer it seems these days...

oh well

zombie

I emailed them, months ago asking about its adhesion to paint and artex etc, they replied without answering any of these questions. We all know about plaster debonding from paint if it has been painted incorrectly and it comes off artex ,distember etc.. So its basically ok for skimming over old skim that was never painted,mmmm

lol....not very reassuring then johniosaif....

sounds like theyd make good politicians!!!

zombie:RpS_laugh:

Why didn't he dig the scraper into the crack skim and see if it came off that way ,instead he just glides it over the top personally i think if you got the scraper under it it would pop off easy

Last edited by a moderator:
Why didn't he dig the scraper into the crack skim and see if it came off that way ,instead he just glides it over the top personally i think if you got the scraper under it it would pop off easy
I hate the way he trowels and the fact his trowel is dry at the back of it, am I just too fussy, a plasterer with a dry trowel drags it, yes? the stuff looks very creamy though.

The price of multi will go up when they discontinue it someone has to pay for this fcuk up

on flipp side though you could mix enough gear for both coats and lay it straight down.

might be mega providing it stays on longer enough to get tools back in van before getting paid!!!!.

with not having to pva and not knocking fresh 2nd mixes up bet you could save 3hr on an average re skim day!!!!

wow.....now im all sold just need to find a stockist now!!!....damn no stockist!!!!!

booooooooooo

zombie:RpS_lol:

Hi,

I am a plaster and I have used tonnes of multi/board finish over the years. I work mostly in refurbs and typically pva and skim with multi finish. The problem bit is often following pva been painted onto artex or paint, the paint or artex soaks in the pva and the result is you have to scrape off the paint or artex. Another problem is the old distemper paint which also needs to be removed. My question is if I apply two coats of uni-finish will the paint or artex become unstable underneath either at last trowel stage or later on.
I have priced a job and the artex contains asbestos and the client wants it pva'd then bonded and skimmed, I explained that it may give way at a later stage or even during my work.

If uni finish removed this worry it would be great.

Ps I have seen some plasterers using normal multi finish as if it were uni finish because the multi finish bag advertised the uni finish..Bless

Thanks John Fitz

above is my query to BG re Unifinish in Nov, I will look for their reply but it only referred to artex and Health and safety, swerved the Unifinish question..

Local merchants have just shifted two bags, over to their Hull depot.. Presumably to see whether it sinks when chucked in the sea.. :RpS_laugh:

Av i just watched an official bg video, were the skim coat is crazying and there advertiseing this? wtf and wait 30-40 mins before applying 2nd coat, wow :RpS_scared:

something like that.But we had a site with artex and health and safety said do not scrape, pva ,bond and skim, I said it would not hold, no one answered my queries from Bg to the builder or Health and safety, it peeled of like a quilt once it got pva

30-40 mins between coats........so you need to put a whole room on just to keep you going??

Status
Not open for further replies.