Best wood for spot board

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorto

Used hard wood last time an didn't last .edges went to pieces . Wanted know wat everyone uses

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

I have just chucked my spot board of 15 years! Found it at the back of a coal bunker in 98. It was 18mm ply but what ply I do not know.

No mate, it's constructed in a way that the makes it the ply chosen to build yachts because it repels water, front / middle and back veneers are always a high qualty wood.
Worth paying a bit extra for because it's ideal for banging your bucket o gear on and washing off ect, won't warp or split. :RpS_thumbsup:

What ever I can find currently 1/2 inch standard ply. If I find something better or cleaner on site I will get a new one.

Never ever payed for one yet.

I am the same as Carlos a square off cut of ply and will use it until I find a better square off cut of ply on site then old one goes in skip lol

Used hard wood last time an didn't last .edges went to pieces . Wanted know wat everyone uses

Mines a sheet of t6 aluminium light and very strong and won't rot my handboard/hawk made of same stuff light and very strong had them over 10 years now :RpS_thumbup:

my board beats all of yours igot 8mm solid resin board its the biz got from ajob years ago in tonbridge.it was for plumber for packers he didnt want it so i had it .got 2 boards out of 1 sheet.never warps just give it a tap and it cleans it self got a spare 1 if anyone wants it

Hollywood, bollywood, plywood, driftwood, brushwood, boxwood, Arty would and Marshy did :RpS_thumbup:

Mines got a piece of 12mm osb with about 4 or 5mm of multi/board finish plus bonding/browning and hardwall on it cos there all tight feckers up here and i can never find a piece of ply anywhere on any jobs. It has lasted about 4 yr now though andlooks as though it's got at least another 4 in it :RpS_thumbup:

Mines a sheet of t6 aluminium light and very strong and won't rot my handboard/hawk made of same stuff light and very strong had them over 10 years now :RpS_thumbup:
I had a few of them years ago when I was working on the motorways nicked a few of the roadsigns

Status
Not open for further replies.