Best way to bond pre skimming?

Taylor1

Just curious to see opinions on what is the quickest and safest way to seal before skimming?

Ive been using the old pva the night before then again just before and skimming when tacky and had good results, but yesterday I done the same method and it turned out absolutely shocking! A total dragging mess and couldn’t get it to stick at all, I probably went too quick as I think the pva was still wet in places or it was maybe not sealed enough.

I’ve used blue grit on old wallpapered walls and was ideal, but on fresh plasterboard.. what to use? What method? Quickest so your not waiting about watching it dry? Is there a 100% bulletproof method? Cost effective?

Looking forward to the replies :D

Just curious to see opinions on what is the quickest and safest way to seal before skimming?

Ive been using the old pva the night before then again just before and skimming when tacky and had good results, but yesterday I done the same method and it turned out absolutely shocking! A total dragging mess and couldn’t get it to stick at all, I probably went too quick as I think the pva was still wet in places or it was maybe not sealed enough.

I’ve used blue grit on old wallpapered walls and was ideal, but on fresh plasterboard.. what to use? What method? Quickest so your not waiting about watching it dry? Is there a 100% bulletproof method? Cost effective?

You shouldn't need to seal fresh plasterboard.

Fcuk me drunk :risas:

37323928_10160489971225063_5676769003675058176_n.jpg