Best Vans

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back to the scaffolders. I used to work for a firm in brentford mddx back in 97 98. Went for a pint after work in the great western in harlington with one of the scaffs from the site we were on. Anyway it was beginning of November and after a few pints he pulls out a rocket from his bag places it on the bar, lights his fag then lights the rocket! Off it goes down the bar knocking pint pots all over. Did not see the end result as we were slung out on the street!

Going back to the scaffolders. I used to work for a firm in brentford mddx back in 97 98. Went for a pint after work in the great western in harlington with one of the scaffs from the site we were on. Anyway it was beginning of November and after a few pints he pulls out a rocket from his bag places it on the bar, lights his fag then lights the rocket! Off it goes down the bar knocking pint pots all over. Did not see the end result as we were slung out on the street!

whats up with that ?? standard procedure..lol

Aviva were really good for me last year @beddy.

Cheers mate will give them a go. Doesnt help that my insurance starts just before I get a years no claims so I might insure it for a couple of months to allow me to get that extra year and then renew.

Last edited by a moderator:
get on summat like go compare, theres a few sites like that, best way I reckon... some people who have say a '' 4 x 4'' type truck, may tell the insurance they use it for social use and not work.. maybe its cheaper.. i have no idea...

mines insured as comercial i cnt insure it otherwise, ive tried in the past to get a quote when i was thinking of getting a van and keeping the truck for family but if i put my reg in a non comercial insurance search engine it just comes up unknown vehicle

Looking at vans on eBay and spotted a nice clean Hiace one owner from new.
Only used for carrying coffins! :RpS_scared: Would anyone consider it or like me effing no chance?

I liked the look of the Vito extra long and the space under the seat for coving or beads etc.
Low down as well with tailgate so a creaky body can get in and out easier.

The new transit custom is awesome, fits plasterboard flat & it's got a little hatch so u can fit 3m beads in the back, highly recommend this van

The new transit custom is awesome, fits plasterboard flat & it's got a little hatch so u can fit 3m beads in the back, highly recommend this van
Looks tiny compared to old tranny??? I'm sticking to my defender and love pulling you lot out of ditches come wintertime :RpS_thumbup:

Looks tiny compared to old tranny??? I'm sticking to my defender and love pulling you lot out of ditches come wintertime :RpS_thumbup:

That's what I thought, I was even taking the piss out of it with my mate saying it looked girly, then I actually went and had a look at one as my man died on me & looks truly can be deceiving, plus they are practically giving them away at the moment. This pic was taken a couple of weeks ago, I wish it was still this clean :(
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1407685129.417638.jpg

That's what I thought, I was even taking the piss out of it with my mate saying it looked girly, then I actually went and had a look at one as my man died on me & looks truly can be deceiving, plus they are practically giving them away at the moment. This pic was taken a couple of weeks ago, I wish it was still this clean :(
View attachment 3798

Do they do a tailgate version?

View attachment 3798

im looking to replace my 2 transits and im looking at these, whats the payload of them, id want a 280

im looking to replace my 2 transits and im looking at these, whats the payload of them, id want a 280

I just got the 270 but I just copied & pasted this from the ford site "It ranges from 2500kg to 3325kg to provide 683kg to 1484kg of payload" if you do get one I would highly recommend getting them to ply line it it was only £150 with Evans Halshaw but made a lot of difference.

I just got the 270 but I just copied & pasted this from the ford site "It ranges from 2500kg to 3325kg to provide 683kg to 1484kg of payload" if you do get one I would highly recommend getting them to ply line it it was only £150 with Evans Halshaw but made a lot of difference.

when ever I buy new, I always get them to ply line.
its very difficult to negotiate with ford because transits sell there selves, so they don't usually offer much. ill be looking at the limited with air con etc and a standard one.

My van lease has just ended. Picked up a really tidy, late VW T4 today. No more monthly payments for me, and zero depreciation if I keep it in good nick. Will never buy anything but VW

Merc vito sport 3ltr 205bhp gets me about nicely only 25/32 mpg though and plenty of maf problems last vito didnt cost barely anything in repairs for the five years I had it.

My van lease has just ended. Picked up a really tidy, late VW T4 today. No more monthly payments for me, and zero depreciation if I keep it in good nick. Will never buy anything but VW

Did you not leasing mate or ? heard good things about it but like to hear first hand opintions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.