Best protection materials

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianspreader

Hello I am struggling to get a decent protection tape to stick to brickwork and was wondering what every one else used?? Also any top tips on covering up before external rendering would be brilliant cheers for you help again Ian

Hello I am struggling to get a decent protection tape to stick to brickwork and was wondering what every one else used?? Also any top tips on covering up before external rendering would be brilliant cheers for you help again Ian

plasterers1stopshop have a range of tapes that work well:RpS_thumbsup:

As @Olican said Ryan does do some good tapes , with the brick work we nail up the jewson thick plastic sheets ,cheap and easy to cut , then use the brick tape to run down the edge for a straight line . Windows and doors the thin plastic sheeting , again from jewson ,but use the low residue tape :RpS_thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
When plain rendering, nothing , no need.. tyroleaning.. tried allsorts, best thing I found is to get labourer to hold a piece of ply over the brickwork/windows ets... he gets covered but that dont concern me..lol... and plastic sheeting for the ground...

Plasterers 1 stop shops brick tape is very good and there window tape , use window film over glass and there drop film polythene on brick work get it all next day delivered

When plain rendering, nothing , no need.. tyroleaning.. tried allsorts, best thing I found is to get labourer to hold a piece of ply over the brickwork/windows ets... he gets covered but that dont concern me..lol... and plastic sheeting for the ground...
Hope your not spraying ,the lad would look like a snowman by the end of the day:RpS_crying: :RpS_wink:

Cheers for the top advice again as always.i am ordering some bits from Ryan so will get him to throw a couple of rolls of tape in thanks Ian

For windows I use blue window protection from toolstation, blue dolphin tape from direct building products, corex sheets for brickwork cut into strips as previous poster suggested sometimes you can use orange brickwork tape for the brickeds but it depends on the bricks, some are too dusty to adhere to.

gaffer from stax is the stickiest i have found and its cheap, in fact the cheaper one they do is the best, we never have a problem with brickwork.

Jrend uses dpc course on a roll and nails that up and it works well too did some with him yesterday.

other than that

blue dolphin window tape, speedymask, correx sheeting, dust sheets. job done.

all this care and they they want it included free hahahaha were all mugs

it comes in 8x4 sheets Rigs its used to make for sale signs that you see in gardens when they're selling houses

Best thing for brick work is to get screwfix no nonsense spray adhesive just spray a little bit onto brickwork and your tape will stick ... Use it sparingly though

Status
Not open for further replies.