Best plaster to use on old rendered walls?

jimjim

Hi guys.
Im on a job up in Stoke on Trent and weve got some old walls that need skimming.
The walls are a really black type render. And no matter how much weve pvad them they are sucking soooo much and i have to keep splashing them with water to prevent cracking.
I even floated one wall in browning another one with bonding another one with half and half boning and skim, then pvad and skimmed again and still getting the same problem. Client doesnt wanna buy stabiliser or hack back to brick and dot n dab even though ive mentioned its more cost effective.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanx in advance.

Hi guys.
Im on a job up in Stoke on Trent and weve got some old walls that need skimming.
The walls are a really black type render. And no matter how much weve pvad them they are sucking soooo much and i have to keep splashing them with water to prevent cracking.
I even floated one wall in browning another one with bonding another one with half and half boning and skim, then pvad and skimmed again and still getting the same problem. Client doesnt wanna buy stabiliser or hack back to brick and dot n dab even though ive mentioned its more cost effective.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanx in advance.
Tell the client your the plasterer and you say how the job gets done. Your causing yourself more work to save him money, tell him to go jump