Best OCR

craigEEE

I know what OCR stands for but I've always found them better with the traditional method of a scratch coat to even out surface and then a top coat another day.

I have a job on Saturday that needs doing in a day it's only around 18m2.

What's the best OCR to use, I've only used K-mix before and found it sound but I'm open to advice on others. I'm hoping to have the beads on by 8am wotg sticks like turbo and then be coating at the earliest opportunity

What would people recommend for the best drying times and also something that doesn't sag, would I be better 1st coating and then leaving it a couple of hours then too coating and will it need to be full mesh?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm always wary of unknown products as I don't like to have problems

There all decent products. But I prefer Weber ocr seems to pick up quicker
Time is important, I'm at the Liam Gallagher gig in the every haha
What's your method monk,
Put on with mesh
Top out (how long to leave it)
Rub up with sponge float?

Maybe it’s just me but I absolutely hate Weber ocr simply because every time I’ve used it it cracks , even yesterday was looking at a little test panel I did on my wall at home which has a few different types of gear on and the rain had poured down , all I could see was hair line cracks all over it, vimark p16 ocr however is a totally different cattle of fish , brilliant stuff , looks brilliant and always a joy to use , sometimes I wonder why it is in plastering that all the s**t stuff is readily available everywhere but the good stuff is like digging a tunnel to the moon to get hold of

Mixture of brick and concrete block but mainly birch
I would Defoe mesh the first pass buddy to use Weber ocr I come down to 10 mmm beads so it's not slumping first pass mesh the straight over an top off ive done this way loads of times but ive only used Weber ocr can't comment on other makes pal

Maybe it’s just me but I absolutely hate Weber ocr simply because every time I’ve used it it cracks , even yesterday was looking at a little test panel I did on my wall at home which has a few different types of gear on and the rain had poured down , all I could see was hair line cracks all over it, vimark p16 ocr however is a totally different cattle of fish , brilliant stuff , looks brilliant and always a joy to use , sometimes I wonder why it is in plastering that all the s**t stuff is readily available everywhere but the good stuff is like digging a tunnel to the moon to get hold of
Intrested in this p16 gear any good ?

Intrested in this p16 gear any good ?
Yes mate I posted a few times about it on here , some threads somewhere with some pictures, only problem as such is getting hold of it or any vimark materials, originally P1ss sorted first few pallets last year ,spray on 15mm thick no problem, then P1ss saying they aren’t stocking it anymore, fs trade in Liverpool for it after that but they aren’t stocking any now , place down south does now I’ll find the link for them in minute but I’d ring Alex direct if you want some he knows what’s best to do for getting it

We used Webber in the end, good product, the block area was probably about 20mm thick ( a window with block work set back) the rest we did at 11mm with full mesh, rubbed up well and was nicer to work with than K-mix

Will give fassa a go next time as I've heard good things about it

We used Webber in the end, good product, the block area was probably about 20mm thick ( a window with block work set back) the rest we did at 11mm with full mesh, rubbed up well and was nicer to work with than K-mix

Will give fassa a go next time as I've heard good things about it
Webber is good for a small job to get in and out faster

Weber is nice stuff but be warned there is no waterproofer in it. I done over 450m2 using it as a scratch coat for dashing and got a big slap on the dick when I went to top coat it - mega suction. Had to sbr the lot.

Just reading up on this post and I'm going to say that I'm getting call backs on weber ocr jobs! They seem to be cracking after 18 months, so beware.

Just reading up on this post and I'm going to say that I'm getting call backs on weber ocr jobs! They seem to be cracking after 18 months, so beware.
Definitely not good. Any more info? could it be settlement?

what are weber saying? they're a good bunch.

Just had a call back today, L shaped crack in the render, 30cm up 30cm accross, fully meshed too

We are selling loads of the MapeWALL GPR (5.50 + VAT per bag). Bulk discounts can be offered and next working day delivery also.

There have been a few people who have mentioned slight cracks, but on the whole, we haven't really had any complaints and many continue to purchase

Weber is nice stuff but be warned there is no waterproofer in it. I done over 450m2 using it as a scratch coat for dashing and got a big slap on the dick when I went to top coat it - mega suction. Had to sbr the lot.

You can put waterproofer in it...same with all OCRS if required.

I also learnt the hard way.

Where from ?

Hi @Vincey, with a full truck deal the material is sent directly from the factory in Maritime Alps, Italy to the project site in the UK. With a direct delivery we save on warehousing cost, unloading, loading and the secondary delivery costs in the UK. Therefore with a full truck deal we offer a free delivery and an optimal price of £3.99 per 25kg bag of Beton P16 breathable base coat. Fork lift truck is required to be arranged by a customer. The lead-time of the delivery is about one week.

Hi @Vincey, with a full truck deal the material is sent directly from the factory in Maritime Alps, Italy to the project site in the UK. With a direct delivery we save on warehousing cost, unloading, loading and the secondary delivery costs in the UK. Therefore with a full truck deal we offer a free delivery and an optimal price of £3.99 per 25kg bag of Beton P16 breathable base coat. Fork lift truck is required to be arranged by a customer. The lead-time of the delivery is about one week.
Well to me that is bang on , that p16 is by far one of the best I’ve used I’ve said that before, how many pallets on a truck ? Is that the minimum order full truck ?
Thanks again for reply

Well to me that is bang on , that p16 is by far one of the best I’ve used I’ve said that before, how many pallets on a truck ? Is that the minimum order full truck ?
Thanks again for reply

Hello @Vincey , we use cost efficient intermodal 29 tonnes delivery with 29 pallets on truck, 40 bags 25kg each per pallet. We also offer half load and smaller loads as well with a reasonable delivery charge. Please feel free to contact us at info@vimark.co.uk for a quote.

You can put waterproofer in it...same with all OCRS if required.

I also learnt the hard way.

I was told from someone at weber that it would be okay to use as basecoat for dash receiver without adding anything...DOH!!

I should add I was reimbursed for the SBR and am owed 4 pallets of free gear for my troubles!

The obvious questions:
What is the price?
What is the minimum order?
Is it available for quick delivery in smaller quantities to complete a project?
Are there stockists nationally?
And finally:
Are you sure that's your best price?

The price depends on order quantity, as delivery cost is a considerable part of the overall costs.

The full load delivery 29 pallets, 40 bags pallet would achieve the lowest price of £5.29 plus VAT, Monochrome grey or £3.99 for OCR P16 or £5.99 for a breathable monocouche render Monochrome. There would be no delivery charge for the full load delivery.

>> What is the minimum order?

We have a warehouse at Worcs, so we can supply just one bag with a next day delivery as a minimal order, but sure it would not be the most cost efficient option due to delivery charge.

>> Is it available for quick delivery in smaller quantities to complete a project?

We stock some of the Vimark materials at our Worcs warehouse but not a full range.

>> Are there stockists nationally?

We supply directly. Direct delivery means no need to unload material in the UK warehouse (cost saving), no need to store in the warehouse (cost saving) and no need for a secondary UK delivery (another cost saving). Therefore direct delivery is the most cost efficient option for larger orders or ideally a full load.

And finally:
>> Are you sure that's your best price?

If you could send us your requirements at info@vimark.co.uk we'll get back to you with a best quote.