Best mono render for hand apply

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleyscoob

After some advice which mono render is best for hand apply as always use k rend but find it hard work laying it on seems lifeless seen likes of parex and weber but never used and if you needed to render over a existing k rend wall what base would be best

Krend is lifeless and dead feeling. Parex much more plump and user friendly. Always machine it on but two passes by hand should be ok. For going over existing mono I'd prime and acrylic. Parex dpr sand fine 1mm covers 15- 18m or so a tub and the primer does loads. Encon do parex

Only use Weber , by hand and machine , we do 2 coats by hand ,1 by machine ,base coat with rendaid ,but as been said loads of renders to choose ,its all down to personal taste

Krend likes to slump and is the worse for ghosting and doesn't like been mixed too thick or it goes too grainy and you can get small patches of shiteness that are hard to fill
So in a nutshell you need to get it on thick or it ghosts which you can't because you can't mix it thick and if you mix it wet it slumps bad

And its impossible to bead with it ......and it only does 0.7 per metre......and different batches will produce different colours.......and it likes to crack where it slumps........apart from that it's very good

Did not know if there was any out there that went on as easy as s&c as don't do enough to use a machine which would make it easier

There easy to get on you just struggle with thickness and slumping by hand same as any plastering

Do it in 2 coats ,it is impossible to get the thickness in 1 coat ,put on say 6 to 10 meters then second coat it .It is so much easier then s/c ,move with the times mate and give it a go .

Wallcrete it colour it you self and you can put it on up 50mm and scrape it back like k-render and it looks better

To be honest don't that much call for it round Peterborough have tried to push the mono but most people think materials are to expensive compared to s&c only done about 10 jobs with k rend when I did it used a fibre base then 2passes with mono

Got to my job this morning to spray SPS Granicem L but finished having to hand ball it! Got an oil leak on the motor and genny battery flat.

I don't rate using Granicem by hand. Stiffens up in no time and skins almost immediately. The grain seems smaller than Webers though. I am not going to hand apply this stuff again, hopefully Les Lord can sort it in the morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.